Sign in to follow this  
rubber-man

World Cup 2014/2018

I watched it in Mexico and the entire city would stop work to watch the Mexico matches in the Centro? I imagined that was more or less spAin @shelblock

nah, maybe further in the tournament they will but not for now.

also, the team has won everything in the last few years so people are really not as excited as before... at least for now

football >>>>>>>>>>>> soccer tbh

They are equivalent.

Unless you are talking about the word used to describe the sport. I don't care either way. Just can't stand Americans affecting some accent when they say "football" cos they are too fucking sophisticated to say "soccer". Ugh.

if france actually starts playing great in the first few matches then shit's gonna go wild here

soccer just sounds too much like sucker

football actually has a kind of poetry to it, plus it's spoken by all the great football nations

e: obvs those are all subjective remarks

nah, maybe further in the tournament they will but not for now.

also, the team has won everything in the last few years so people are really not as excited as before... at least for now

Holy shit! Imagine being that spoilt. You think this is Spain losing it's classic first match case?

They are equivalent.

Unless you are talking about the word used to describe the sport. I don't care either way. Just can't stand Americans affecting some accent when they say "football" cos they are too fucking sophisticated to say "soccer". Ugh.

My favorite is when people call it soccer but still say "American Football"

like, who in America are you talking to that's going to be confused by what you mean if you just say fucking football.

:lol:

I'm sure I've done that once or twice.

:fallen:

Fun bit of trivia: Spain and the Netherlands were breifly united as a single country.

charles fucking quint or something

spain at the 2014 wc is shaping up to be like france in 2002

:spongebob:

This match may convert me to a full time fan tbh

No reason not to.

Except MLS is second tier and EPL games are on at weird times and it is hard to get into EPL without a team to follow. And I have no idea who to pull for. Swansea, I guess? Arsenal was my first choice, but every douchebag EPL fan in the states likes them or Man U, so. Pass.

Holy shit! Imagine being that spoilt. You think this is Spain losing it's classic first match case?

we'll see. this group of players cannot be competitive forever

also, it's hard to win matches if you're that slow and don't shoot on target tbh

the netherlands have been much more effective and much smarter (even if the second third goal is a clear foul)

No reason not to.

Except MLS is second tier and EPL games are on at weird times and it is hard to get into EPL without a team to follow. And I have no idea who to pull for. Swansea, I guess? Arsenal was my first choice, but every douchebag EPL fan in the states likes them or Man U, so. Pass.

All I know is that all of my friends who do watch it h8 Man U. Think they're Chelsea fans.

The sadistic side of me really enjoys seeing The Netherlands absolutely destroy Spain.

No reason not to.

The times arent that weird, most games are at 10am on Saturdays. Only a couple hours earlier than your NFL and NHL weekend games

That was fantastic though

so the netherlands were much better in the second half and spain looked old, clumsy and slow

wonder what it could've been if silva had scored that 2-0 chance he got though

the next match against chile doesn't look very promising

:spongebob:  :spongebob:  :spongebob:

torres :lol:

for all the amazing goals, that was by far the best bit

hate rvp for fucking off from arsenal when he finally got good but that first goal was gorgeous.

Spain will kill Australia but it's very possible that they could go out of the group stage. Chile are no joke and it could go down to goal difference

that's the danger, yes

even if Spain beats Chile, if they win the last match against the Netherlands and they're all tied, Spain are out because of today's disaster