Sign in to follow this  
eeeezypeezy

RuPaul's Drag Race

So a few of my friends received and e-mail from Wednesday Westwood recently. Well from the actual person behind her. He is a local tattoo artist and he is stopping tattooing to focus more on his drag career. He had a cool tattoo style too. 

eeeezypeezy likes this

Oh yeah, and for anyone watching this season that doesn't know already, the day after an episode airs there's a "behind the scenes" episode on youtube that's pretty much required viewing. Here's the one for the first episode:

psycho and Kindergarten Plop like this

i'm gonna go out on a limb and assume you're actually asking 

for most queens there's a split between their drag persona and their everyday boy selves, with different pronouns for each. but since the show is about drag, and everyone's always referring to each other in the context of drag, they end up using almost exclusively use female pronouns. i can think of a small handful of cases where they've used male pronouns, and it's always when referring to their "real" lives outside the show. then there's the fact that a decent number of queens are genderfluid or genderqueer or otherwise experiencing some level of dysphoria and they prefer female pronouns anyway. they did include boy names for the first two seasons, but stopped after that because no one ever used them and it was just kind of necessary. 

psycho and Kindergarten Plop like this

Plus there've been a few transwomen on the show. A few who came out after filming was over, like Carmen Carrera, and this season Peppermint is trans but it hasn't come up yet. Generally the drag community isn't too worried about gender pronouns. RuPaul is quoted as saying, call me He, call me She, as long as you call me.

ocean, Kindergarten Plop and psycho like this

Yeah she'll need to do some more straightforward glamour stuff like she did for her white party look if she doesn't want to get read for doing the big fake head thing a lot. It looks crazy, but now we've seen it.  "Do something wildly different every week while still looking like yourself" is what the judges seem to value the most.

But then again, Bianca del Rio won season 6 wearing the same silhouette every week, just by being flawless and making everyone crack up every challenge. So there's not really a tried-and-true formula. Looking forward to them getting into the acting challenges, once the cast is whittled down a little bit more. I live for Snatch Game and the reading challenge.

jbb3rdgmtvqy.png

ocean and Kindergarten Plop like this

A moment that should be iconic but isn't for whatever reason, is the season 4 final challenge. They show up for the music video shoot, and Mathu Andersen is sitting in the director's chair with a stuffed dog in his lap, and he strokes it as he says in a deadpan voice something like, "Do well today or the dog will die."

🇵🇷You know, it can be like the butthooooo🍩... but let me espill💧 you a story🗣 real quick, when i was a 👦🏽shild👧🏼, mom 🤰🏽doesn't want us to say 🙅🏽bad words🙅🏽 at home🏘. Sooo, one day i was three👶🏽 years old tried to tyaewrjs🗣 to go to de bathroom🚽, cause i need to, from my CULO🍑, to do caca💩. SHE SLAPPED👋🏼 ME WITH A CHANCLETA👡! She said like, "Mira mijo👩‍👦, let me tell you something, you not gonnasaybawor 👇🏾HERE👇🏻 in this house🏘!" So I was like scared😱, I was like "What to do🤔? I mean, what do you call this in your back🍑?" So scare👻 one day after that esituation, I said "Cucu🍑 mama🤰🏽 caca💩 peepee💦." Okay! And since that I said cucu.🇵🇷

Kindergarten Plop likes this