Sign in to follow this  
Moon

Miscellaneous Games Discussion

This is a thread for video game related discussion that doesn't fall under news or doesn't necessarily warrant it's own thread.  It's more or less digi's answer to 'post what you want' thread in the chatterbox. Ideally I'd like to use this thread as a place to post links or other cool shit that wouldn't necessarily fit into other digi threads. 

Wanted to make this thread after reading an interesting bit about the music in OOT. Apparently the music in the Fire temple is different in some copies. There's also a very interesting video that details all of the open source sounds they use in the soundtracks for OOT, Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess.

Absolutely worth a watch imo.

My copy used the version with the chant so this is kind of surprising to me as I didn't know two different versions of the song existed.

was quite disappointed in TMNT 3: The Man Hat Tong Proyekt! ...

for the NES!

1 was really hard and kind of odd but had it's weirdo charm

2 was the classic arcade game that everyone loved even if it was quite repetitive

3 was like some sorta cheapie quicky follow up that was just like 2 but not nearly as creative for the most part

I think they got the thing going again with IV: Turtles in Time!

it was too hard!

but using game genie I got to play it all the way to the end!

BUT!

even with cheating / codes ... I couldn't get past the toy train level OR the cloud level!

which was dang frustrating!

btw would anyone be interested in doing a superlative style GOTY type thing. Like best horror game, best shooter, best indie, most disappointing etc.

The methodology I have in mind for it would be different (if anyone remembers the boardies from atease than it would be something similar to that). I just thought I would throw it out there to see if there's any interest. I don't want it to interfere with the GOTY rollout either.

I'll come up with some categories over the next couple of days and run them by you guys. I'll have you guys put down as many games as you want for each category pick the most common four and then have a select (secret) digi committee vote on them. I'll post the rollout in a little while.

I think this will be less daunting to do than GOAT list that I just did.