Sign in to follow this  
Moon

Miscellaneous Games Discussion

There's more stuff being released about No Man's Sky now, and I can't fucking wait to get my hands on it.

Hope it lives up to the hype.  I guess the fact it'll be a PS4 exclusive for a little while will give me time to read the reviews and stuff.

Exactly, a lesser game would've treated the early "twist" as a total attempt to mindfuck, ala (as good as it is) Bioshock. Finding your first mirror in the game is also a strangely affecting little interaction you can easily miss

So I signed up for Humble Monthly. 12$/month seems slightly risky, but yeah.

I also splashed 15$ on the Capcom bundle. Not so much because of the games tbh, but because they enabled more choice between charities. So I was sitting there and had found a cause I cared for (350.org) and thought "I can lay down the extra 10$ for their work and get the damn Street Fighter game. "

True story. I mean, honestly, it'd feel bad to withhold 5$ because of nit-picky game standards, when you can literally just throw all of it (15$) at your absolute favourite charity and get the extra games.

I guess those considerations can be seen as a meta-game. A charity meta-game.

There's more stuff being released about No Man's Sky now, and I can't fucking wait to get my hands on it.

Hope it lives up to the hype.  I guess the fact it'll be a PS4 exclusive for a little while will give me time to read the reviews and stuff.

. Can't remember if you're just an Xbox guy or not, but it's also going to launch simultaneously on Steam

. Can't remember if you're just an Xbox guy or not, but it's also going to launch simultaneously on Steam

I have a gaming PC but it runs linux, and I'm pretty sure the steam release is going to be windows only.  :(

ban ad hominems likes this

I have a gaming PC but it runs linux, 

ban ad hominems likes this

The new Assassins Creed is reviewing pretty well. I kind of expected it to suck but it's getting 8s and 9s across the board.

Color me mildly interested. Haven't played an Assassins Creed game since buying the first one when it came out and then returning it the next day. I'll have to pick it up when it's like 30 bucks or something.

I only played the pirate one, and the thing that impressed me was how many aspects of that scenario they incorporated in the game. Pirate songs as soundtrack (each song as a collectible in the game!), treasure maps, and lots of other stuff I hadn't expected any dev to bother with. But it was all really well done. I'm intrigued by the industrial revolution London setting. Does it have a feature list as impressive as the pirate game? Like, treasure maps, sea shanties, and, like, a whale.