mylo

Sufjan Stevens' Benji

From Uncut's blog... "my favourite Sufjan album since "Seven Swans""

Not my favourite Sufjan album but I'd be happy to settle for something in that vein. Guess he felt burnt by a great deal of the reaction to Age of Adz huh?

From Uncut's blog... "my favourite Sufjan album since "Seven Swans""

Not my favourite Sufjan album but I'd be happy to settle for something in that vein. Guess he felt burnt by a great deal of the reaction to Age of Adz huh?

Was the wider reaction really that poor? Maybe public opinion has sweetened in the past couple of years, but, outside of atease, it seems like most people that are still talking about him are kinda on board with Adz now. And it felt that way then too.

It divided people, but on balance it was well-received.  It wasn't like Rehearsing My Choir or anything.

haha no (Although I, for the most part, love that record).

I think my judgement was more based on personal experience of working in a record shop when it came out. His previous records (excepting The BQE) had sold more and for longer and this one seemed to stop fairly dead. Perhaps that wasn't the case across the land...

I'm optimistic. The tiny bit we've heard from that video is so lovely and I'm hoping the sound of this picks up where he left off before things got weird. I hope he tours with an ridiculously huge band.

He played in Maine when the kid was a baby and it was not practical yet for my boobs to be at a concert while my hungry baby was somewhere else. I guess it was kind of a weird show, but I still regret not finding a way to go to it.

hoping he goes back to pick up where he left off? ugh!

before things got WEIRD :lol:

good god amy!

gamey!

:angry:

still mad I didn't suck shit up and just go to the rage of gods tour!

the chimble one was fun enough but had none of the ad-SONGS!

:angry:

Saw him on the Christmas tour and it was pretty amazing.  The whole Christmas thing was a lot of fun, but then for the encore, he/they came out and played Concerning The UFO Sighting Near Highland Illinois, John Wayne Gacy Jr., Casimir Pulaski Day, and Come On Feel The Illinoise.  The most intense encore ever.  I think I have to see him this time around.