Parrot

The Dream Thread

For the past few months, yes, but I dunno.  I never knew what to read into dreams, I just find them amusing sometimes.  It also appears to have come about through a combination of experiences and common thoughts:

* my wisdom teeth have to be removed at some point, but they haven't yet

* my ears being syringed

* my past experiences in a dentist's office (I've had teeth removed before)

* my fears about being somehow caught with illicit drugs, even though I don't use any recreationally

* reading about the U.S. "prison industry"

* reading about SWATting

I had a dream I that I was driving on I90 and went past an office/commercial building that was close to the highway, and when I looked in the window I could see Parrot in there working at a desk.

I had a dream I that I was driving on I90 and went past an office/commercial building that was close to the highway, and when I looked in the window I could see Parrot in there working at a desk.

This also wasn't a dream. 

This also wasn't a dream. 

:o

Recently I had a dream that briefly had a guy in it who I haven't seen in a few years and I couldnt even really see him, his back was turned and his hair was much longer, the only way to know it was him was my boyfriend saying that he's here so we have to go

Every once in a while I have one of these dreams because we never had any closure and I ruined any chance for it and by now it's years too late and I have no idea if he's even ok and it sucks and I suck

So it felt like I barely slept last night because my dream took up too much energy. I was driving around trying to find guitar strings (all the while with the lingering feeling that I had to work soon, which I did in real life in a few hours). I drove by a specific street corner and saw a tiny "dog" which was about the size of a guinea pig. It was running into the street so I turned around and grabbed it and took it with me. 

The tag around it's neck was a flattened penny (like the touristy ones at Niagara Falls, etc.) and in black marker was written the name of a local meat market. I googled said market to bring the "dog" back but couldn't find it's location but came across a post that this little animal was missing and was a rare breed of hamster / dog and a large reward was offered for it's safe return. 

I thought my financial burdens would be solved with the return of this animal. I frantically searched for hours trying to find the rightful owner but to no avail. After hours of googling I found a woman's name. I somehow got to her house and waited for her to return 100% I had her animal and was about to be set financially for life. When she returned she was ecstatic that I had found her little loved one. I ran to my car in excitement to show her and I handed her a large plastic mug in the shape Space Ghost's head. She looked at me said no, that's too big. He would've never made it through the fence and then I woke up in disappointment. 

ocean likes this

On 9/30/2015 at 0:09 PM, Parrot said:

So it felt like I barely slept last night because my dream took up too much energy. I was driving around trying to find guitar strings (all the while with the lingering feeling that I had to work soon, which I did in real life in a few hours). I drove by a specific street corner and saw a tiny "dog" which was about the size of a guinea pig. It was running into the street so I turned around and grabbed it and took it with me. 

The tag around it's neck was a flattened penny (like the touristy ones at Niagara Falls, etc.) and in black marker was written the name of a local meat market. I googled said market to bring the "dog" back but couldn't find it's location but came across a post that this little animal was missing and was a rare breed of hamster / dog and a large reward was offered for it's safe return. 

I thought my financial burdens would be solved with the return of this animal. I frantically searched for hours trying to find the rightful owner but to no avail. After hours of googling I found a woman's name. I somehow got to her house and waited for her to return 100% I had her animal and was about to be set financially for life. When she returned she was ecstatic that I had found her little loved one. I ran to my car in excitement to show her and I handed her a large plastic mug in the shape Space Ghost's head. She looked at me said no, that's too big. He would've never made it through the fence and then I woke up in disappointment. 

What the hell was I on that night? :highdog: 

I've gotten shot a few times but I don't think I've ever died. I also very rarely have nightmares. Although when I describe some dreams I have to friends or whatever they say it sounds like a nightmare but I never feel scared or in danger, etc. It's just like being in a cool movie. 

I had a Donald Trump dream :sick: he was selling tanning lotion that he secretes out of his mouth and rubbing it all over himself. Horrible.

Also every few months I have a recurring dream (though the details are always different) where it's my last semester in either high school or college and I'm in danger of failing one or more classes and not graduating. Sometimes there's a big assignment I'm way behind in, sometimes I can't even remember what classes I have :|

Never was in this situation in real life so idk why I'm haunted with it. Normally my dreams are peaceful as fuck though so I can live with that.

Condite likes this

4 minutes ago, d~liz said:

Also every few months I have a recurring dream (though the details are always different) where it's my last semester in either high school or college and I'm in danger of failing one or more classes and not graduating. Sometimes there's a big assignment I'm way behind in, sometimes I can't even remember what classes I have :|

I think this is fairly standard, kinda like the ol "all of my teeth fell out" dream. happened to me a few weeks ago, had a dream I was in college and hadn't paid attention all semester, turned out I had a 50 page paper due in like 24 hours and I spent the whole dream walking around the library trying to come up with an idea of what the paper should be a about. 

deadlizard likes this

5 minutes ago, d~liz said:

This is a recurring dream for me, too. 

deadlizard likes this

I have School Anxiety Dreams pretty regularly. Usually I can't find my classroom, or I'm completely unprepared for my lessons, or I'm on a field trip and I've lost all the kids, or something like that.

I've only lost ONE kid on a field trip, ffs.

(We were at Six Flags and he was 14 and quite capable of not being abducted until we found him an hour later, btw.)

i just had the third dream I can remember where I'm romancing and sexing up this same dude. The setting changes, but it's always the same guy. And it's a guy I've never seen or met before irl, to my knowledge.  Bizarre.