Parrot

The Dream Thread

In the dream I keep having the dude seems like he's former military, although he never talks about it, and he's missing a chunk one of his buttcheeks, which in the dream I assume is because of a war-related injury.

last night i dreamt i was jayson werth and the boss told me i wasnt gonna start for the rest of my contract. i was stoked about the upcoming hot takes about how big a waste of money i was, then i met some girls who were gonna help me be a good bench player

I remembered a dream last night for the first time in a while. I was at a party where I did not know anyone and they all hated me. Talking shit, ridiculing, etc. So for some reason I called Dave Grohl on my cell phone and was talking a mile a minute and he said to me, "dude, what are you doing? It sounds like you're trying way too hard." I had an existential break and don't recall what happened after that. :) 

On 3/1/2016 at 5:11 PM, Condite said:

I quite often end up getting killed in my dreams. It's the sign of a stable, reasonable mind.

On 3/1/2016 at 5:34 PM, Parrot said:

I've gotten shot a few times but I don't think I've ever died. I also very rarely have nightmares. Although when I describe some dreams I have to friends or whatever they say it sounds like a nightmare but I never feel scared or in danger, etc. It's just like being in a cool movie. 

:lol: i don't usually "die" in my dreams but quite often end up doing something where i would probably die irl which tends to involve falling from great heights 

so like the other day i had a dream where i was like driving on the highway and while taking an interchange ramp some asshole muscles me out of the lane and i go flying into the air and i am like suddenly so high over a spaghetti junction type thing and i have to like maneuver myself in the air like i'm fucking mario or something so that i land on another ramp and idk that was about it. said something to my bf about it and he was like oh i'm sorry and i was like oh lol no it wasn't a nightmare i wasn't scared, really was almost exactly like being in a video game 

it really is like i know i'm dreaming or something or just am able to suspend my knowledge of gravity/certain death situations in the case of a dream

whenever i have something that i would call a bad dream it's almost always emotional like someone else hurting me emotionally, not physically, or perhaps someone else dying 

eeeezypeezy likes this

I've been having dreams (3 in the past two weeks) where I suddenly come upon something made of glass... one time it was a window, one was a milk glass, one was a shattered tablet screen... and each time I pick it up or touch the glass it crumbles, like how shatterproof glass would, and then I'm overcome with this overwhelming feeling that it happened bc i am stupid or careless, and that this kind of damage is irreplaceable and I can't afford to get a new one, and then I wake up ready to seize the day!

19 hours ago, dhsb said:

reconciling with someone i had a falling out with

definitely had my fair share of these

sometimes it's just like certain people being able to coexist casually without the kind of distress that would be there if they saw each other irl if that makes sense

deafheavensunbather likes this

had a dream last night that I was peeing in my car, like from sitting in the drivers seat just peeing onto the floor while I was driving. in the dream I was like, I've been doing this a lot recently, I don't know why I didn't start doing it sooner because it's convenient and good. when I woke up I really had to pee irl

eeeezypeezy, Ody and ocean like this

I know what you mean, I've had that kind of dream where I'm just like peeing in some ordinary situation where peeing would not be a normal thing and it makes peeing way more convenient and then I wake up and have to pee irl

last night i asked myself in the midst of a dream where the McGuffen was, and woke up realizing that my efforts to think of the perfect postmodern nightmare had occurred... just not the way i intended! ::p 

ocean likes this

last night's involved ira puking blood and feces all over ploppy (and then ethan was born fully grown out of plop's butthole!)

came out covered in glitter!

poof!

you're a bowl of cereal!

wait, "you're a bowl of cereal" did you identify a new bowl of cereal or did the 'poof!' turn one of our previously established characters into a bowl of cereal?

please advise

Yes, they fucking do. I woke up today right after I was on the back lawn of a cottage looking over a bay and started seeing flying saucers everywhere so I started taking pictures of them like crazy. All of the sudden a massive steel beam fell vertically from the sky and landing in the bay shaking the ground with a massive sound. Then I started running because more and more kept falling on land and a voice started speaking like a voice over explaining this was the end, etc. I woke up when one should have fell on top of me. 

dunderhead and ocean like this

Also this video freaked me out recently. I've had recurring dreams and this is the closest I've seen on video of replicating them. Except the planes in my dreams are usually Boeing 757s. (no one die by the way)

ocean likes this

On 5/4/2017 at 0:26 PM, Parrot said:

Man, being sober for a week is giving me some fucked up fun dreams.

we talking alcohol sober i assume? 

i wasn't exactly on a bender but i had been having 2 or more drinks per night for like a week or so (only a couple days full on drunk) and broke the cycle yesterday by not having any and incidentally dreamed that i got a tattoo on my FACE and the last thing i remember was starting to freak out about what would happen at my job and if i could successfully cover it up with makeup or if i'd be fired or soemthing :lol: 

aw man flying saucer dreams are wild, you ever have one where there's just like a huge ufo lingering and nobody seems to be worried about it and it probably is a manifestation of something causing you a lot of dread???

^this was saved in my post box from last month I guess?

I feel like I had a really strange dream last night that felt pretty real but I forget what it was. last week I had a dream where I ran into my high school clarinet teacher's grandson (he's my age and we went to the same elementary school) and asked him how his grandfather was doing and it turned out he had died :( now I'm afraid to look him up, guy's gotta be well into his 90s by now

Parrot, ocean and eeeezypeezy like this

8 minutes ago, ocean said:

we talking alcohol sober i assume? 

i wasn't exactly on a bender but i had been having 2 or more drinks per night for like a week or so (only a couple days full on drunk) and broke the cycle yesterday by not having any and incidentally dreamed that i got a tattoo on my FACE and the last thing i remember was starting to freak out about what would happen at my job and if i could successfully cover it up with makeup or if i'd be fired or soemthing :lol: 

Sober from all substances. I did smoke some reefer a few times. But yes changing any sort of intake always affects the dreams which I love.