Parrot

The Dream Thread

In my dream last night I found an old DVD (actually two DVDs plus bonus disc) of a Crimewatch type show about my kidnap/disappearance as a child. It heavily implied I was taken to some child trafficking place and beasted. And I was saying to folk "this didny happen, I think I'd remember" but they all had looks of great pity on their faces. Then I started remembering bits of it, not the beasting but the kidnapping part. I woke up before the programme ended. 

Now I'm awake and I HAVE to know the truth. 

eeeezypeezy, ocean and alien like this

Last night I dreamt that I was in my back yard with my dogs, and there were about a dozen little capuchin monkeys running around. I thought to myself that the whole monkeys-running-around-the-yard thing was starting to get a bit out of control, and that I should figure out something to do about it. Just then Bucket (he's the more passive of my two dogs) viciously attacked and killed one of the little fuckers. Instead of being alarmed, I was actually pretty pleased about it; maybe this was the solution to my problem! Then I started to think that the rest of the monkeys might be getting ready to band together and retaliate for the loss of their fallen comrade. A quick moment of panic set in... and I woke up.

ocean, alien and eeeezypeezy like this

Had a dream last night that I went on a date to the movies with a Russian girl. She immediately pulled out her phone to start bootlegging the film. Turns out that she wasn't actually Russian, but was just pretending so if she were caught, she could just feign ignorance on US copyright law.

Feel free to use this move on your next date, @psycho. Dream me was pretty impressed by how cool it was.

I was catching up with an old friend who's going to be in town soon irl, who I haven't actually spoken to at all in nearly five years. At another point I was making some kind of creature out of flat, fabric-wrapped magnets with her step-dad, who I was also close with irl. He put on hail to the thief in the background and helped me with the magnet creature, which was mostly one very long arm. When I ran out of the square magnets I switched to double wide rectangle ones, and then found more square ones and he and I agreed that the change back to squares was unsettling. And then I was in the car with my friend Jess, who currently lives all the way in Seattle irl, in the dream we were driving around in my old impala smoking blunts and listening to Christmas music. 

alien and ocean like this