Sign in to follow this  
Moon

World News

That has nothing to do with Jesus, psycho. Jesus in Islamic culture was a man (Isa) who rightly prophesised but died. Only when he returns to govern mankind as the returning king (return of the king?), there will be judgment by Jesus.

In Christian culture, Jesus died too physically, and did not really hang around as far as we know. He might have resurrected but it's not clear whether he's still around as an invisible guy. It's not clear whether his bodily form is still able to smile, or laugh even. It is clear however that the Gospels tell of a 'holy spirit' that guides Christians (and possibly others too) to knowledge and insight on a special level.

I'm just saying, whether the Bin Laden twist is funny or not, now is not the time for Jesus to react. In any scenario.

Best regards

Ancien Régime / Really Real / Mr Nice 2.0

ph.d. in not having a ph.d.

I only really hope that a Liberal government would make the census mandatory again, and change some of the electoral policies that are contributing to a toxic political climate (bring in proportional representation, bring back per-vote subsidies for political parties, limit private campaign financing).  I wouldn't like to have to vote for them because they supported C-51, but I would if I lived in Canada and particularly in a constituency where a Liberal candidate had a better chance of winning than an NDP candidate.

ocean likes this

Sounds a bit strange, but this is a much more emphatic victory than I wanted.  I'd be more hopeful of electoral reform if it were closer; if the Liberals bring in PR they will probably never win a majority like this for the foreseeable future.

same, I was hoping for a minority so the NDP would force them to implement PR. But now...hopefully Trudeau respects fairness and his platform as much as he does winning. Even still, this is a great day for Canada. And the Jays are up 11-4! 

psycho likes this

I was just in the baseball thread. Better updates here than there. Crazy night for me. 

Good job, Canada, I guess.

if I bothered updating my passport, I would be in Alberta next weekend. But I suck. 

Personally, yes.  Policy-wise, exactly the same.

At least less embarrassing on an international level.

Huh, I didn't know electoral reform, phasing out subsidies for oil corps, heavily investing in infrastructure, increasing taxes on the rich, selling green energy bonds in addition to increasing funding for green energy projects, increasing CPP, lowering the retirement age back to 65, increasing funding for the CBC, and allowing scientists to speak publicly about their research were all in the Conservative platform.  I didn't know that the Conservatives pledged to work out climate reduction targets with the provinces.  I had no idea.