Sign in to follow this  
Moon

World News

Sorry, I thought moose was Canadian. What he was saying about personalities being different but policies the same is something that's often said of the Liberals and Conservatives, though it's not really true. 

Tony Abbott is one of the most disgusting politicians alive. 

harcourt likes this

Personally, yes.  Policy-wise, exactly the same.

At least less embarrassing on an international level.

Huh, I didn't know electoral reform, phasing out subsidies for oil corps, heavily investing in infrastructure, increasing taxes on the rich, selling green energy bonds in addition to increasing funding for green energy projects, increasing CPP, lowering the retirement age back to 65, increasing funding for the CBC, and allowing scientists to speak publicly about their research were all in the Conservative platform.  I didn't know that the Conservatives pledged to work out climate reduction targets with the provinces.  I had no idea.

Just because I'm a moose doesn't mean I'm from Canada, you racist!

Much smaller payload means they could feasible hit the west coast with only a modest improvement of missile capability.

I really had much higher hopes for ambassador Dennis Rodman, tbh. :( 

India passed a law enshrining net neutrality, ensuring the death of a plan Facebook had to introduce free but limited internet access across the country.  Early this morning, Indian tech entrepeneur Vikram Chachra likened Facebook's plan to "Internet colonialism".   Marc Andreessen - Facebook board member, cofounder of Netscape, and powerful venture capitalist - was unfazed:

Andreessens-tweet-did-not-go-down-well-w

Andreessen has been trending in India ever since.

http://thenextweb.com/in/2016/02/10/marc-andreessen-just-offended-1-billion-indians-with-a-single-tweet

eeeezypeezy likes this

2 hours ago, Moon Man said:

Obama lifting the arms embargo to Vietnam is a pretty big deal. 

I'm mixed about this. Part of me thinks it is great to thumb our nose at China. But given Vietnam's paltry defense budget, this isn't exactly a win for the ailing weapons industry here.

Your thoughts?

I think it's a logical next step in the sense that China has been doubling down on expanding their military presence in the South China Sea. There's a lot of anxiety in Vietnam regarding China and the US has a stake in stability in the region. Telling them to cut it out isn't really doing anything and relations have soured between US and Chinese military officials. Especially as of late

I'm really sure if this is the best move to make but I'm not sure what I'd do because otherwise China's expansionism would go unchecked and go on to create more anxiety throughout the region. 

harcourt likes this

http://yournewswire.com/ireland-begins-arresting-top-bankers-responsible-for-2008-crash/

Following from last year’s mass incarceration of 26 bankers in Iceland, Ireland is going to prosecute the 2005-2008 CEO of Anglo Irish Bank, David Drumm, on 33 criminal charges.

Anonhq.com reports:

These include two charges ofconspiracy to defraud and false accounting relating to €7.2 billion in deposits placed in Anglo Irish Bank accounts by the then Irish Life and Permanent, between March and September 2008.

16 of the 33 charges relate to unlawfully authorizing billions in loans(to be invested back into Anglo Irish Bank) to 16 wealthy investors, in a bid to artificially prop up Anglo Irish Bank’s share price before its December 2008 collapse. Each of the 33 offenses carries a 5 or 10 year jail term, except for a single count of conspiracy to defraud, which has a maximum penalty of an “unlimited term of imprisonment” under Irish law.

Condite likes this

http://www.commondreams.org/news/2016/09/29/point-no-return-earth-reaches-400ppm-threshold-permanently

Point of No Return: Earth Reaches 400ppm Threshold Permanently

Scientists say it is 'almost impossible' that carbon dioxide output will drop below symbolic milestone in our lifetimes