harcourt™

American Politics and Trump End Times Haha Fuck Everything Faygo Not Fascism Thread

well regardless of anything else this dumb book has spurred my favorite news cycle in a long time.

flipped on NPR for a second on my way home and it was just some straight faced tool asking michael wollllffff how stupid, exactly, he truly believes the president is.

psycho, Palo and Moon like this

On 1/5/2018 at 11:10 PM, Palo said:

Back to this thought. The book is painting him as far too stupid to be conscious (I. E. legally culpable) of any wrongdoing. 

in america? we execute the intellectually disabled for their crimes. no one's too stupid to be culpable.

I'm really struck by how flat footed Trump has been in his handling of this news cycle. Trump can usually play the media and cry fake news and everyone forgets about the controversy of the day. But he keeps allowing it to linger by responding to it constantly. 

John McClane and Jenks like this

7 hours ago, sugarface said:

in america? we execute the mentally amazing for their crimes. no one's too stupid to be culpable.

Intent is an element of plenty of crimes. I'm not done with the book, but it seems to be painting him in a light where a collusion case would lack mens rea 

7 hours ago, Moon said:

I'm really struck by how flat footed Trump has been in his handling of this news cycle. Trump can usually play the media and cry fake news and everyone forgets about the controversy of the day. But he keeps allowing it to linger by responding to it constantly. 

I think he was just really really intrigued by the gorilla thing and has been doing some serious self-reflecting/gorilla suit purchasing.

banh mi likes this