harcourt™

American Politics and Trump End Times Haha Fuck Everything Faygo Not Fascism Thread

https://theoutline.com/post/2853/fire-and-fury-review-michael-wolff-donald-trump-book

Gary Cohn, Trump's chief economic advisor, allegedly elaborated in an email:

It’s worse than you can imagine. An idiot surrounded by clowns. Trump won’t read anything—not one-page memos, not the brief policy papers; nothing. He gets up halfway through meetings with world leaders because he is bored. And his staff is no better. Kushner is an entitled baby who knows nothing. Bannon is an arrogant prick who thinks he’s smarter than he is. Trump is less a person than a collection of terrible traits.

:gordon:

sugarface and psycho like this

Worth bringing this up. Most don't want her to run.  I think there's a difference between appreciating her speech/what she said about me-too etc and thinking that she should actually run for president. If anything, I think Trump has made people more skeptical of 'non-politicians' running for president. 

I think pundits are over-learning the lessons of 2016 and/or taking the wrong lessons from a Trump victory. 

magnets☮, sugarface and mnemosyne like this

On 1/5/2018 at 1:27 PM, Bill said:

Unless I'm missing something about Michael Wolff, these takes kind of bug me. Like we all wanted a muckraking expose of the Trump Administration's dysfunction and now we have one and suddenly that's sleazy? 

Remember that Oprah book? The Fury and Fire is an even bigger snoozefest.... j/k I can't get my hand on it because in the last 15 years this city went from 8 book sellers to ZERO book sellers and there is no 'known' copy of the fury and fire at the library and I'm number 18 on a 30 page list of people who have put IN a request for the local library.... 

Local library: uhh we just ordered it, yes I see you requested it before anyone else but unfortunately our hold list is the only way to make a hold.

Literally me days before the book's release: Have you even preordered it? "No, we aren't expecting much demand for that particular title."

DUDE WHY AM I NOT NUMBER ONE ON THE LIST WHEN I LITERALLY TOLD THEM MULTIPLE TIMES JUST TO ORDER THE DAMN THING.

THEY STILL ARE ARE AT PRE-ORDER, THEY HAVE YET TO TOUCH A PHYSICAL BOOK.... AND THEY TOLD ME IF A BOOK HAS LESS THAN TWO PEOPLE INTERESTED, WE WILL NOT ORDER IT.

I was the only person interested in the 9/11 Commission Report and they still hold it against me.

magnets☮ likes this

I always think it's really funny when people talk about things without having read the books.

"9/11 happened because..."
"You're wrong!"
"Um"
"I have the commision report right here and according to special investigator...

"Stop! ...guards... please... thank you..."

_How_To_Become_Mentally_Ill_

magnets☮ likes this

5 hours ago, I am a damn ass buddy said:

Doug Jones is doing a survey where you tell him what he should focus on. This is my list that I put in the "other ideas" box after the multiple choice list:

Amnesty and immediate citizenship to all residents.

Universal, single-payer healthcare.

Universal housing.

Universal food security.

Universal lifetime education.

Abolish the de facto poll tax by passing the most voter friendly, pro-voter voting rights act in the history of the world.

Abolish the wage system.

Abolish the police.

Abolish prisons.

Damnit buddy we already created a political party for this and sometimes I feel like the only member

in reference to: the justice party

ocean and Pregnant Chad like this

3 minutes ago, alien said:

Damnit buddy we already created a political party for this and sometimes I feel like the only member

in reference to: the justice party

Social justice[edit]
The Justice Party supports a universal single payer health system, an equal rights amendment for women, marriage equality, ending wars of aggression, closing many military bases, reducing the budget, immigration reform, repealing the USA PATRIOT Act, protecting and rewarding whistleblowers and ending the War on Drugs. The party also seeks to prosecute individuals whose illegal conduct led to the 2008 financial crisis.[9]

ocean and Pregnant Chad like this