harcourt™

American Politics and Trump End Times Haha Fuck Everything Faygo Not Fascism Thread

21 hours ago, Palo said:

although the epilogue of the book seems to suggest he's secretly working on a 2020 run of his own :lol:

The main lesson of Fire and Fury might end up inadvertently being that Steve Bannon had far too much ambition given his own abilities, and far too much hubris given his actual position as the Mercers' representative in government.  The Mercers made him, they just unmade him, they can replace him at Breitbart.

Moon likes this

20 hours ago, ocean said:

side note the new stadium is really disorientingly big esp the mercedes symbol, pictured here from ~half a mile away last night looking like a supermoon or something 

IMG_4818.JPG

yeah I was at the conference center right next to this monstrosity when I was in hotlanta in the fall. it crazy.

ocean likes this

5 minutes ago, 📚☕H🍎📚 said:

The main lesson of Fire and Fury might end up inadvertently being that Steve Bannon had far too much ambition given his own abilities, and far too much hubris given his actual position as the Mercers' representative in government.  The Mercers made him, they just unmade him, they can replace him at Breitbart.

But where else are they going to find a bloviating narcissist who's read a few books

22 minutes ago, c.i. said:

yeah I was at the conference center right next to this monstrosity when I was in hotlanta in the fall. it crazy.

yeah idk i'd seen it plenty of times in daylight (while it was being built and after) but something about seeing that symbol lit up at night feels extra surreal

45 minutes ago, 📚☕H🍎📚 said:

but didn't Bannon sign up with Guo Wengui immediately after, so we'll be hearing back from him soon enough

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-attacks-protections-for-immigrants-from-shithole-countries-in-oval-office-meeting/2018/01/11/bfc0725c-f711-11e7-91af-31ac729add94_story.html

President Trump grew frustrated with lawmakers Thursday in the Oval Office when they floated restoring protections for immigrants from Haiti, El Salvador and African countries as part of a bipartisan immigration deal, according to two people briefed on the meeting.

“Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?” Trump said, according to these people, referring to African countries and Haiti. He then suggested that the United States should instead bring more people from countries like Norway, whose prime minister he met Wednesday.

Jenks, John McClane and Lights like this

I'm actually surprised they're not even trying to defend this. I shouldn't be though. How else are they going to respond to something like this? 

On 09/01/2018 at 1:51 PM, I am a damn ass buddy said:

Amnesty 👏🏼 and 👏🏼 immediate 👏🏼citizenship 👏🏼  to 👏🏼 all 👏🏼 residents. 👏🏼

Universal, 👏🏼 single-payer 👏🏼  healthcare. 👏🏼

Universal 👏🏼 housing. 👏🏼

Universal 👏🏼 food 👏🏼 security. 👏🏼

Universal 👏🏼 lifetime 👏🏼 education. 👏🏼

Abolish 👏🏼 the 👏🏼 de 👏🏼 facto 👏🏼 poll 👏🏼 tax 👏🏼 by 👏🏼 passing 👏🏼 the 👏🏼 most 👏🏼 voter 👏🏼 friendly, 👏🏼 pro-voter 👏🏼 voting 👏🏼 rights 👏🏼 act 👏🏼 in 👏🏼 the 👏🏼 history 👏🏼 of 👏🏼 the 👏🏼 world. 👏🏼

Abolish 👏🏼 the 👏🏼 wage 👏🏼 system. 👏🏼

Abolish 👏🏼 the 👏🏼 police. 👏🏼

Abolish 👏🏼 prisons. 👏🏼