PopTodd

Whatchya watching on Netflix?

Narcos - thumps up. 6 episodes in now. a bit derivative, some cliches i can do without, but Pablo Escobar's shitshow crime life makes for good viewing for the most part here. i'm not in love with it yet, tbh, but I'm hoping i have that moment soon where it clicks. 

Back in Time - thumbs down. it's a documentary on Back to the Future's influence. I like the stuff about Eric Stoltz getting the boot from the film, the commentary is good, but I feel like too much time was spent on the impact this classic film had on the fans and not enough time was spent on what it was like for the actors, crew as they were shooting it circa 1984~1985.

The new Bill Murray Christmas special is actually pretty good

mostly wacky renditions of christmas songs and celebrity cameos but it's only an hour and it put a smile on my face

also Miley Cyrus murders it. One of the better performances I've seen in a long time and it was just vocals and piano.

I started watching the x files in college, maybe got like midway thru season 2. I feel like I ought to give it another go.

I enjoyed it, but my issue was (and this is very much a product of How We Watch TV Now) was that it didn't really seem to lend itself to binging? Like, I was so much more hyped about the mythology episodes than I was the monster of the week ones so I ended up getting disinterested when the main story arcs didn't move as fast as I wanted them to. 

Yeah I thought so. I mean, It tries to be like Louie in terms of the single comedian sitcom and its not quite on that same tier but I like his angry humor and it doesn't seem to click with a lot of people, at least from my experience. I like his podcast a lot too and it's pretty much the only one I listen to from time to time.

gonna watch x files all weekend and not leave the house

reminded me of during one of the later seasons there was a commercial that was like "this one's for the dads" and it showed scully putting a wire in her bra. then i watched the episode and there was nothing more like that than what was already in the commercial. adolescent me felt cheated. 

Just finished streaming what was available of The Blacklist (which we're loving), and went to something completely different, on a whim.

Fresh Meat

an English comedy about 1st year university students, thrown together into school housing. It plays like a sitcom based on The Real World, but… you know… smarter. At least after the first episode. We were both laughing out loud at points.

2 hours ago, GLUNK said:

blacklist :lol:

james spader's a DICK!

:lol:

wasn't pee wee herman in that? :unsure::wacko:

I don't know anything about Spader being a dick, but yeah Pee Wee was in a couple episodes. I always love it when he shows up in something that I'm watching.