PopTodd

Whatchya watching on Netflix?

Mindhunter. I like it so far, it's one of like... 3 Netflix originals I actually like. It still runs into the Netflix original problem where the "smart" characters all talk way too fucking fast with each other. Why does this happen? Do people actually talk like this in real life? It's so insanely robotic and dumb. Also, what the fuck is up with "Mindhunter" as a title for a show? Seriously.

Actually, you know what? Fuck this show. 

psycho likes this

Just now, Dale Nixon said:

I guess I should give Black Mirror another chance but the few episodes I watched were like "look at SOCIETY! SO TRUE!" 

This is why I don't watch it, even though I keep telling myself that one day I will. I don't think it's ever going to happen. Ooh imagine if we continued to spend a lot of time on the internet, it might go a bit... like THIS! Seems like it's a lot of that. Plus Brooker is absolutely awful, AND the episodes are as long as films, aren't they? 

Let me know when he does one about people looking at their phones when they're walking.

The show isn't some brilliant take on modern society or where our dystopian future will take us. It's clearly no fucking Twilight Zone as that is the best television show of all time. It's just a fun bleak show usually without a happy ending. 

43 minutes ago, Ploppy New Year said:

I don't click YouTube links and I haven't found Karl Pilkington funny for about ten years, sorry.

This is literally the plot of a Black Mirror episode.

Chappelle compares the patriarchy to apartheid in a lengthy metaphorical sidebar during the bird revelation special, and he then ends the same special explicitly comparing show business and capitalism to pimping as an explanation for why he ran away from his fame and millions of $. There's really thoughtful stuff in there alongside the jokes that get twitter mad, so I recommend watching it and trying not to write him off entirely just because some of his jokes are very unwoke.

He can be wrong about some things and right about others imo.

ocean likes this

Just finished the 2nd series of master of none and I LOVED it. Definitely in my top 5 netflix shows of the last few years... Maybe even top... 1! 

I'm going to watch that Dirk Gently next I think. Maybe I'll mong out and watch Brooklyn 99's new season first. Just cos it's very easy watching and I think it's alright. 

PopTodd likes this

Yeah the post was aimed at people who have already seen it, if anyone wants an actual first taste of it then I would recommend the Season 7 episode 'The Anti-Social Network', it's the first one I saw and it made me go back and watch the entire show. It's actually not one of the best episodes but it's accessible and you get a feel for the characters.

Yeah it's not as good overall. Actually the first few episodes with Frank in them were weird too, it's like they didn't know what to do with him. He's kind of the adult in the room shaking his head at their shenanigans at first, he doesn't really fit in until they make him as bad or worse than the rest of the gang.

Lights likes this