Klee

Official Mra Red Pill Thread

damn, that rules.

i'll be at potential 'breadwinner' status, and if I ever get married it will probably be to someone who could support themselves if need be

daycare here we come

what is MRA? men's right's activists? is that fair to lump them in with Red Pills?aren't there actual men's rights issues that have nothing to do with Red Pills, which as far as i know is some kind of relationship/dating technique

it's not a dating technique, it's a way of life, it's a revolution. like have you seen the movie The Matrix? if not, you should, it might blow your mind.  it's actually really complicated and serious especially when you apply it to men's oppression.

Yeah, someone explain the Red Pill business to me. All I was able to gleam is that it is some sort of Matrix reference.

I've been laughing at MRAs for a bit now, though.

Women still lack a lot in pay equity but are making serious strides because they are having the good sense to get an education and delay having children. I'm all for both these things. That men are griping just boggles my mind.

wait, when i think of men's rights activists, i imagine people targeting things like male rape myth, false rape accusations, child custody battles, etc. not salary wars (which is a whole other thing)

still not sure if this thread should be taken seriously or not, because we could actually have a big serious discussion about it

weird! if i had started this movement it would have had a different idea of men's rights are. it seems what they really mean is Traditional Men's Rights

The men's rights movement contests claims that men have greater power, privilege or advantage than women and focuses on what it considers to be issues of male disadvantage, discrimination and oppression.

the first part of the statement is fucking nuts, but the second part is actually what i'd expect MRA to do

wait, when i think of men's rights activists, i imagine people targeting things like male rape myth, false rape accusations, child custody battles, etc. not salary wars (which is a whole other thing)

still not sure if this thread should be taken seriously or not, because we could actually have a big serious discussion about it

someone's been spending too much time on reddit

the MRA is basically just there to promote and try to maintain the status quo.

We're disadvantaged, we're oppressed, we're discriminated against! If anything, there needs to be more men's rights! White men's rights preferably. We're the ones losing all our priviledges to the minorities and women! Pay no attention to the fact that the 'rights' we fight for are either already unbalanced in our favour or are at the expense of others rights! Us, us, us! Me, me, me!

they're basically the Winsleys of the advocacy world.

mnemosyne likes this

Reddit isn't a monolithic thing, it's just a platform. There are some really great subs out there.

Agreed. It's the specified ones that I go to. Front page is where all the shit is.

There's even ones for countries. I follow subreddits for China/Taiwan/Hong Kong etc to keep up with current events in those places and there's even some cooking subreddits that I use to get recipes from.

There's a 'good game deals' one too that's quite useful.

I've learned a lot from some of the gardening subforums.

And there was a lot of good things I learned about the shit I'm studying. Some serious nerds.

But it sucks as a place to have a conversation.

I want more rights.

My stepdad was a househusband for my two little sisters, my mom made twice as much as him at the time and he got 16 weeks paid paternity (my mom didn't get any paid leave bc she was self employed) so he figured he might as well be the one to stay home!

Are men actually bothered by this? I'll make more than my husband if this job comes through, and I was making more than him at my last job. Who cares!

harcourt™ likes this

I don't think any normal men these days are but there are plenty of dinosaurs left and if you're raised by a dinosaur you tend to become a dinosaur.

Plz elaborate.

Well there should obviously be someone standing up for men's rights, but it's a shame that these people (the MRA movement) all tend to be fucking idiots and have turned it into something completely different a la as ihp says and not what dickpool assumed it would be.

My stepdad was a househusband for my two little sisters, my mom made twice as much as him at the time and he got 16 weeks paid paternity (my mom didn't get any paid leave bc she was self employed) so he figured he might as well be the one to stay home!

Are men actually bothered by this? I'll make more than my husband if this job comes through, and I was making more than him at my last job. Who cares!

Not bothered at all. I think I even mention itt that if I have kids with my current partner, I'm going to be staying home. I've been managing a business from home for years any way and am back in school for something that will be more lucrative and easier to do remotely, but there is no way I'll be able to pull in the income of my girlfriend unless get a job in oil and gas or something and work in North Dakota or something and I'm not going to do that.

It really is the dumbest thing.

You can advocate for changing somewhat antiquated divorce laws in states like NJ, for instance, that indisputably do favor the female partner in heterosexual marriages when it comes to custody and alimony and all of that regardless of the income of either partner, without all the other bullshit trappings of an MRA. The idea that feminism succeeded and we've gone too far in the opposite direction now is just idiocy, it's like people who think that we're in a fascist state now because people get mad at them when they call black people ducks.

mnemosyne and harcourt™ like this

I think we're at a point now where it should just be "equal rights" and "human rights" and we should stop dividing our concerns for who's getting what and who's not getting what along race and gender lines.

Obviously that's some pie-in-the-sky shit though when just a moment ago I acknowledged men who think they're oppressed because there are scholarships for women and that kind of thing.

Boofie Brown likes this

I think we're at a point now where it should just be "equal rights" and "human rights" and we should stop dividing our concerns for who's getting what and who's not getting what along race and gender lines.

Obviously that's some pie-in-the-sky shit though when just a moment ago I acknowledged men who think they're oppressed because there are scholarships for women and that kind of thing.

i hate (and can identify with) how it feels like after making a statement like this it feels like you have to backpedal and say "yeah it's idealistic, but...". like this is obviously the most healthy worldview, that dividing the population into smaller groups, no matter what the variable you use (jews, women, blacks, Americans), is counterproductive and promotes a lack of acceptance. putting everyone on equal ground should be the norm and i totally agree with ez's post in that regard