zuval

What Are You Having For Dinner Tonight?

Apparently Australia is home to the world's best margherita pizza as of this year's Pizza World Championship. The championship judges only margherita pizzas because having so few toppings allows the quality of the pizza to really shine through.

So yeah marghertia pizzas are cool.

Edit: We had vegetarian fajitas. Lots of them!

Guest Eat Shadows

Woke up early this morning and made some awesome charro beans. Having fajitas for lunch.

Dinner tonight is tofu tacos. A specialty of mine. The way I season the tofu chorizo you don't even miss the meat.

I'd love a recipe!

My dad is vegetarian and we've tried a few Mexican recipes (the enchiladas and fajitas were both pretty big successes).

Not sure about obtaining tofu chorizo though...

wow that sounds amazing (@moose)

It's a great enchilada sauce recipe we found too. Will have to share it in the recipe thread too.

Have to put more in there, mostly so I have written copies of all the recipes in my head that I will probably forget someday.

Man, swordfish is one of my favourite eats of all time.

Of ALL TIME!

So damn good. Hope you dig it, Moon Man!

Not sure what I'll be having this evening, but I suspect it will now involve fish since I have a craving.

It's a great enchilada sauce recipe we found too. Will have to share it in the recipe thread too.

Have to put more in there, mostly so I have written copies of all the recipes in my head that I will probably forget someday.

Please do share!

Man, swordfish is one of my favourite eats of all time.

Of ALL TIME!

So damn good. Hope you dig it, Moon Man!

Not sure what I'll be having this evening, but I suspect it will now involve fish since I have a craving.

It was really good ^_^

Had it with a pineapple, cilantro salsa. Really enjoyed it.

What kind of chicken curry? So many different curries. My favorite is Panang. Something about that mix of spice with the coconut milk is just to die for. The spicier the better, obviously.

Um, right now I am having ground salmon, quinoa, assorted veggies and goat cheese.

So fucking good. The creamy cheese and the salmon go so well together. And, of course, quinoa is the best thing ever.

Yeah, it's pretty good, tbh. I get it from Costco, it is minimally processed wild Alaska salmon. The company who makes it, Trident Seafoods, was a big buyer when I was working as a fisherman there and I got to know the owner pretty well.

EDIT: Technically it is salmon burgers, but I usually just cook it up like one would ground beef or whatever.

Salmon isn't cheap. But I imagine the salmon burgers are all lips and assholes, so that brings the cost down. Plus there are the advantages of Costco's bulk purchasing. If I'm going to eat meat, I want it to be seafood. And if I eat seafood it has to be sustainable and, ideally not farmed. Those salmon burgers are the best when it comes to cost / quality, imo.

I mean, you can get tilapia pretty cheap, but it is hard to get excited about that.

I just looked it up, and apparently swordfish is mostly OK, so I think I'm going to get some of that pretty soon.

The salmon pens create a lot of pollution. Whereas in the open ocean and rivers, salmon poop gets diluted. In pens it is concentrated and just nasty.

The feed for farmed salmon is usually just some meal of grain, and it changes the nutritional profile of the meat, it barely has any omega 3s, which, I think, are great and worthy of the hype.

Last thing: farmed salmon are often Atlantic salmon but they are often raised in Pacific aquaculture pens. Sometimes they get out and there is a worry that they will become an invasive species of sorts and displace wild salmon or otherwise disrupt a perfectly healthy fishery.

Tilapia is mostly farmed, but it isn't as messy and since they are a freshwater fish, it is easy to keep them separated. Hey-yo!

Although concentrated salmon poop if it rejoins the ocean will just be like a similar thing right? Or do they dispose of it in some even worse way.

Anyway, good to know. :thumbsup:  As a fish oil devotee, I'm all about the omega 3s.