zuval

What Are You Having For Dinner Tonight?

Was out with my younger son, doing errands. It became dinnertime.

So we stopped for dinner on our way home at one of our favorite places -- The Jibarito Stop in Pilsen. Love that place.
Pork jibaritos with yellow rice with ham, and the coconut custard for dessert. My son had to have his sweet plantains too.

ocean, psycho and pentachris like this

On 6/25/2017 at 10:14 AM, Maritza Ramos said:

I put you on ignore ages ago!

Who are you talking to?

Anyway, my wife has a cold and my kid has been throwing up this evening. I'm nuking a Stouffer's frozen vegetable lasagna. I had some tilapia filets ready to grill, but tonight, convenience wins.

@Parrot you ever been to rancho viejo in geneseo? I was driving around with a friend last night and we ended up out there and decided to give it a shot, honestly it was surprisingly great. pretty authentic mexican place run and staffed by actual mexican folks who seem to be doing pretty well for themselves. it was the kind of place that made me want to write a yelp review just because I'd like to see them stick around, obvs not worth driving all the way out for but I'm pretty sure whenever I pass through that area from now on I'll find an excuse to stop there

5 hours ago, Benny said:

@Parrot you ever been to rancho viejo in geneseo? I was driving around with a friend last night and we ended up out there and decided to give it a shot, honestly it was surprisingly great. pretty authentic mexican place run and staffed by actual mexican folks who seem to be doing pretty well for themselves. it was the kind of place that made me want to write a yelp review just because I'd like to see them stick around, obvs not worth driving all the way out for but I'm pretty sure whenever I pass through that area from now on I'll find an excuse to stop there

I have not! I haven't been out that way in a long time. Used to play a lot of shows around the area years ago. There are a lot of good places I keep hearing about though.

Last night I found myself in my old neighborhood (Lincoln Square) at dinnertime, and the party that I was going to had been cancelled. So, I was on my own for dinner. So, I grabbed a Taco In a Bag! Sound kinda wonky, but it's actually pretty fucking delicious.

Okay, so they've moved since this (kinda annoying) video was made -- from the suburbs to that Chicago neighborhood that I mentioned. And I did not have the version that was made in the video, but you get the idea. And it was freaking delicious. Highly recommended if you are ever in the area around Lincoln and Lawrence.

pentachris and ocean like this

2 hours ago, bird said:

i just cant fathom lobster and ketchup on the same plate :lol: 

i hate ketchup and mayo.

lobster is probably one of the best things ever though

It's the most overrated food in the entire world! If if wasn't for cunts in the 1980s deciding it was special nobody would ever talk about it.

psycho, BEAST, banh mi and 1 other like this