zuval

What Are You Having For Dinner Tonight?

I'm getting a celebratory fancy pizza and pisco sour, as I received some really REALLY great news at work earlier today. it's a step up from our usual nightly pita bread with cheese or pita with eggs or whatever. technically, it's still bread and cheese tonight.

ocean and psycho like this

Used to be a really great bistro in Bordentown that made a fried peanut butter and banana sandwich called The Elvis. Used to stop in there for an early lunch on my way up to my community college classes and get that and a cup of french onion soup. They had the best french onion soup I've ever had, I still think of it sometimes. They went out of business after about a year and I will never have that soup again :(

ocean and ant man bee like this

I love peanut butter and banana sandwiches. I know that Elvis ate them fried, and I've often wanted to try one. Sounds fantastic.

I also love French onion soup. I don't eat it often at all, but it is quite tasty when done right.

All that said...

I can't imagine putting those flavors together in one meal.

ocean and ant man bee like this

3 minutes ago, Brother Reverend Magoun said:

I love peanut butter and banana sandwiches. I know that Elvis ate them fried, and I've often wanted to try one. Sounds fantastic.

I also love French onion soup. I don't eat it often at all, but it is quite tasty when done right.

All that said...

I can't imagine putting those flavors together in one meal.

I followed the soup with the sandwich so it was kinda like dessert

ocean and pentachris like this

It wasn't bad. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad. I don't hold the stigma against eating horse, although I imagine it would be different if I'd grown up around them. It would take a lot for me to willingly eat dog or cat.

The best meal I had there was at the home of two ladies who had lots of fresh fruits and vegetables from their garden. I think that was in Ivanovo. We were split up into groups of four or five, and went to eat dinner with locals in their homes. That was really nice.

We went to Pizza Hut in Moscow (I know) and literally bought the place out. They got all of their pizzas shipped in pre-made and frozen. They had like a dozen supremes in stock, and that was it. We bought them all.

On 26/08/2017 at 0:11 AM, Brother Reverend Magoun said:

It wasn't bad. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad. I don't hold the stigma against eating horse, although I imagine it would be different if I'd grown up around them. It would take a lot for me to willingly eat dog or cat.

The best meal I had there was at the home of two ladies who had lots of fresh fruits and vegetables from their garden. I think that was in Ivanovo. We were split up into groups of four or five, and went to eat dinner with locals in their homes. That was really nice.

We went to Pizza Hut in Moscow (I know) and literally bought the place out. They got all of their pizzas shipped in pre-made and frozen. They had like a dozen supremes in stock, and that was it. We bought them all.

I'd eat literally any animal.

On 6/17/2016 at 4:49 PM, BEAST said:

I am very tempted to go vegan actually :| not sure I could do it full time though. 

This is going very well thus far! I do still have a bit of cheese every now and again, but that's it really. Don't miss the meaty stuff at all :) 

To clarifiy, I thought that post of mine was from THIS June, not 2016 :lol: I've not been at it that long. Not sure why I posted that then, I was consuming all meats around that time! 

Why did you quit being a vegan wanker? 

Life's too short (especially for the animals lolol). I like trying everything once and food is one of the best parts of life innit. It's nice going out and being able to eat anything anywhere. I never eat meat for breakfast or lunch anyway, and only for dinner twice a week usually (mostly fish/seafood/vegetarian). God bless x

BEAST and pentachris like this

On 9/25/2017 at 8:51 AM, eeeezypeezy said:

Referring to sauces and condiments as "wet" skeeves me out. "Wet" as a noun is weird in general, like saying "needs a bit of cold" when you want whipped cream on your pie or something.

yup :jayz: