zuval

What Are You Having For Dinner Tonight?

12 minutes ago, eeeezypeezy said:

Ah okay, I didn't realize it was that kind of thing.

yeah i mean i think it says $80 per person and you get all of it, so i guess you were right that each dish is >$20 but at least you can save on the wine

i feel like poptodd might dig this place around here called dish dive 

BYOB: Dish Dive

November 16, 2015Atlanta Magazine0 Comments

Best of Atlanta 2015Calling this place a restaurant almost feels too pretentious, given the bare walls and hand-ful of seats. Still, locals flock to the spare space, where you can BYO beer and wine and order a spread of affordable small plates that include shakshuka with fried egg, Green Goddess tagliatelle, and pork belly on leek grits.  2233 College Avenue, dishdivekitchen.com

i've been twice and generally ordered whatever their pasta is with a shared side or two and it has been so freakin good :FeelsGood-min: 

menu is always changing but here's a sample

i think i had that tagliatelle, and the roasted beets with feta and water cress and olive oil were just absolutely divine 

i heard the steak was good too

i think the mac of cheese and the shakshuka are pretty much staples, and also good

pentachris and PopTodd like this

28 minutes ago, ocean said:

I think you recced that place to me when I stayed with some friends in ATL and wanted to take them out to dinner. They seemed eager to go to Argosy, so that's where we went instead. That's in your neck of the woods isn't it?

1 hour ago, pentachris said:

I think you recced that place to me when I stayed with some friends in ATL and wanted to take them out to dinner. They seemed eager to go to Argosy, so that's where we went instead. That's in your neck of the woods isn't it?

yeah it's within like a 5-10 min walk from me 

idk i used to go more but haven't been as much lately for whatever reason

i know a lot of people who really like the argosy and a couple of people who think it is meh, i think it just depends what kind of ambiance you're in the mood for maybe, i'm kind of somewhere in the middle in that i like having it as an option but it's not my favorite 

used to get it more bc it was one of the few places open late enough that i didn't mind calling and ordering takeout (only pizza after a certain time and expensive, but very good pizza!), but if you do that of course you don't benefit from the deal where i think you get a free lil cheese pizza with purchase of two draft beers? and yeah the regular food menu items are great too idk i probably want to go there more again now that i'm thinking of it 

We had the cheese plate appetizer which was pretty good. I ordered an entree from the specials menu and didn't think too much of it. Can't remember exactly what it was, but it was like a seafood risotto paella or something. It had a very strong herb flavor - dill, iirc - that was pretty good for the first two bites, but overpowered any other flavor in the dish and burned your palate. I was tired of tasting it before I was halfway through. I'd be willing to go back and give it another shot, but I'm not in Atlanta often enough to be likely to choose that over trying somewhere I've never been.

ocean likes this

5 hours ago, ocean said:

yeah i mean i think it says $80 per person and you get all of it, so i guess you were right that each dish is >$20 but at least you can save on the wine

BYOB: Dish Dive

November 16, 2015Atlanta Magazine0 Comments

Best of Atlanta 2015Calling this place a restaurant almost feels too pretentious, given the bare walls and hand-ful of seats. Still, locals flock to the spare space, where you can BYO beer and wine and order a spread of affordable small plates that include shakshuka with fried egg, Green Goddess tagliatelle, and pork belly on leek grits.  2233 College Avenue, dishdivekitchen.com

i've been twice and generally ordered whatever their pasta is with a shared side or two and it has been so freakin good :FeelsGood-min: 

menu is always changing but here's a sample

i think i had that tagliatelle, and the roasted beets with feta and water cress and olive oil were just absolutely divine 

i heard the steak was good too

i think the mac of cheese and the shakshuka are pretty much staples, and also good

That looks delicious!

If'n I'm down Atlanta way, I'll try to remember to check that place out. 

ocean likes this

11 hours ago, BEAST said:

I would HAAAAAATE to be that close to the kitchen! But I suppose we all have different ideas of perfect. 

Maybe.  But, it's something you really should experience. It's kinda brilliant.

7 hours ago, Bill said:

Habanero :lol:

REAL men put this in their chili

1309AA-2T.jpg?1509589995

First off: the chili is for my family, as well, who are not big heat people.

Secondly: Burn Sauce is about the flavor every bit as much as it is about the heat.

Thirdly: Gemini Crow has some pretty spectacular sauces if you are into spice-related masochism. http://geminicrow.com

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

I was just being stupid on purpose. I love hot sauce but the names of some of the varieties are ridiculous 

100% agree. But they're kinda fun at the same time, in their stupidity.

Last night, my wife made a salad with coarsely chopped cucumbers and tomatoes, feta cheese crumbles, and raspberry vinaigrette dressing. It's a pretty regular dinner dish during the summer at our house when the vegetables are local and farm-fresh, but it wasn't at all bad last night.

Cassie Ainsworth and ocean like this

1 minute ago, pentachris said:

Every few months, I get a craving for a Big Mac. Sometimes I give in and eat one. Then. maybe an hour later, my stomach reminds me why I really don't need to eat Big Macs.

One of my exe's had me buy him a KFC Double Down when they came out and the next two days he was in so much unbearable pain we ended up in the ER...

ihaveproblems‽ likes this