shakes

great internet comments about music

how come no one's  told me about this guy, he's fantastic

[quote name='Raúl Zibechi' timestamp='1449119236' post='8833809']
If all of the unreleased albums in this thread were to leak on January 1st as well as returns to form by Radiohead, Bonnie Prince Billy, Ryan Adams, and the Eclectic series, as well as  the new Atlas Sound and Parquet Courts LPs 2016 would instantly be one of the best years in music in a minute.

[quote name='Raúl Zibechi' timestamp='1447812805' post='8828593']
After the disappointment of Parquet Courts: Monastic Living EP, I need something to look forward to.

so i guess someone in stp fanland issued a call to arms cuz rolling stones facebook page is flooded with these:

what about a tribute to Scott weiland what about the magasine cover page??? Why arent you people doing what's right and make this month a remembered one for scott the whole magasine could of been on him there is more than enough materials.. Or a special edition... anyway.. I dont know who is handeling theese issues at RS magasine but they dont have their head straight........

I'm OUTRAGED & MORTIFIED at the DISRESPECT this publication has shown toward Scott Weiland! Have you people LOST YOUR MINDS?!!! I can't believe he is NOT on the cover!!! You've TOTALLY earned my DISRESPECT! All I can say is, I sincerely hope you get your act together & put him on the cover & have one heck of a tribute that HIS FANS HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!!!

I.was waiting for the January issue because I just knew Scott would be on the cover. I am in disbelief that he isn't. Who made the decision to not honor one of the if not the best vocalist, performer and a man who forever changed music. This man was forever putting out through it all his heart and soul to his fans. He never gave up. His fans have been disrespected and trampled on. Is there an answer? Why?

Scott Weiland, the Ultimate Frontman, Doesn't get a Covet🎤 Who else can cover Jim Morrison, Robert Plant, Layne Etc & write,sing & perform like Him? Seriously😎

Not putting Scott Weiland on cover for Jan....disgrace...someone needs to b fired....I say boycott ....

Kemper Boyd likes this

Sad to see the clock ticking on all these legends. Can't quite put my finger on what would be "legendary" in today's "artist's?" I think the cut-off for legends is about 1985. Motley Crue comes to mind as last of the the legends and that's a grasp really.

http://threedimesdown.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7570&p=296548#p296548

guy takes issue with patterson hood liking a rap album, gets called out on it, proceeds to meltdown all the way to:

good for you college boy. im done on this board. you faggots can have it. go jerk off to taylor swift and vote for isis in 2016. cause im done with the fuckery.

:burnsauce: 

Mogi67, Condite and John McClane like this

ive always loved "college boy" as an insult, cuz it effectively concedes the argument right away. "i am dumber than you, now heres what i think..." very compelling

also calling people fun dudes then saying they jerk off to an attractive young woman doesnt make sense!!!!!

All the more terrible because there's legitimate things to take issue with in Hood's album list anyways like:

Wilco - Star Wars

My favorite studio album yet by one of the greatest bands of our time. Off the cuff and loose and wildly inventive and fun. Great cover also.

or

Decemberists - What A Terrible World, What A Wonderful World

Another excellent record by the long running Portland OR band.

moose likes this

5 hours ago, shakes said:

ive always loved "college boy" as an insult, cuz it effectively concedes the argument right away. "i am dumber than you, now heres what i think..." very compelling

i dunno i call people college boy all the time because i am smarter than them so idgi

Condite and c.i. like this

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 3:56 PM, shakes said:

3776_10153680603282559_82744425680143102

Dear DC101. 

Please retire this song. It is horrible and I hear it played almost every day.

Oh, and thanks for playing Stressed Out. Twenty One Pilots rock.

you idiot :lol:

hey when did you start driving your mom's car?

Some people in college/uni have such poor writing and speaking skills that it's a miracle that they were able to graduate high school.  Possession of a degree is as indicative of one's intelligence as chart success is of a record's quality.

Mogi67 likes this

My mom knitted at breakfast. Every fortnight she'd make me a new beany to protect my hair down in the coal mine. The guys would always razz me and end up hrowing it in the fire as they warmed franks, but I just told her they fell apart from the dust every two weeks. She was naive, but an angel. And a hell of a knitter.

rossiter likes this

F you Don. F you.

‪#‎yesallmen‬

Stop disappointing me!!!! Urgggggggh!!!!!

And just cause I like to share this view as often as possible - American Pie was like his worst song ... he has soooooooooooo many better ones.

Oh God and the greatest love song of all time can no longer be mine ..... Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I can't even say I hope this is some bizarre mix up .... cause ... well, they just aren't!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Kemper Boyd and shakes like this