shakes

great internet comments about music

•  

i love pop music truthers almost as much as pro wrestling truthers. take something everybody knows and shout it from the rooftops as if it will just devastate the hardcore fans to find out what really goes on

47 minutes ago, shakes said:

i love pop music truthers almost as much as pro wrestling truthers. 

Hey man, it's not our problem you can't deal with the fact that wrestlers stuff their tights.

Fake. As. Fuck.

1 hour ago, dunderhead said:

Def a weird crew to be hyping the same album, though. Vurt and alan, them, I can see pairing off, but toss in my Houndmouth himself? No idea what sort of album you'd be hearing.

I thought it made sense that both alan and mikeboston liked it at the time.  Vurt surprised me a little more, but not much more.

Guy with a feminine accent at the disc replay store tried to give me crap about buying a DMB CD.. But he priased my 'Meat Puppets' selection. If you don't understand how much better DMB is than 'the Meat puppets, you need to go talk to.... The guys in The Meat Puppets. So they themselves can tell you you just know nothing about music. If you have only heard the radio stuff, please keep yor mouth shut about this band.

deadlizard likes this

14 hours ago, shakes said:

Guy with a feminine accent at the disc replay store tried to give me crap about buying a DMB CD.. But he priased my 'Meat Puppets' selection. If you don't understand how much better DMB is than 'the Meat puppets, you need to go talk to.... The guys in The Meat Puppets. So they themselves can tell you you just know nothing about music. If you have only heard the radio stuff, please keep yor mouth shut about this band.

Go ask the Meat Puppets about how much better Dave Matthews Band are than themselves

I like the cut of this guy's jib

I was recently pleased and also appalled by your Top 100 greatest albums of the 90's. Now I know it's all subjective, but with that being said, not naming Tool's Aenima in the top 100 is music sacrilege. The album, front to back, is considered a masterpiece by most rock fans and at least appreciated by non-fans. Musically then and still today they're among some of the best musicians to ever pick up instruments. I'm not going to sit here and say what I think Aenima should've been on the list instead of, but there are some bands with more than 1 album on the list where either one doesn't even compare. Interested in your thoughts on why you decided to pass up on one of the most progressive, intense, lyrical, and emotionally best hard rock albums of all time?

moose and Palo like this

7 hours ago, shakes said:

I was recently pleased and also appalled by your Top 100 greatest albums of the 90's. Now I know it's all subjective, but with that being said, not naming Tool's Aenima in the top 100 is music sacrilege. The album, front to back, is considered a masterpiece by most rock fans and at least appreciated by non-fans. Musically then and still today they're among some of the best musicians to ever pick up instruments. I'm not going to sit here and say what I think Aenima should've been on the list instead of, but there are some bands with more than 1 album on the list where either one doesn't even compare. Interested in your thoughts on why you decided to pass up on one of the most progressive, intense, lyrical, and emotionally best hard rock albums of all time?

It'd be in my 90s top 100 if not for all the skits and short pieces, it's as if they didn't like that they would have made a masterpiece and had to undermine it somehow.