ban ad hominems

Free Philosophy Thread

Guest Eat Shadows

never seen anyone meet the limit since increasing it to 100 :lol: 

Culturism

A simple word to solve the 'racism' misunderstanding when a person dislikes another person's culture. By saying "you culturist!" the culturist attitude doesn't get mixed up with racism and laws regarding racism.

Since there's a lot of cultures in the world and a history of racist violence, the new word 'culturist' could open legal room for debating cultural values without being called a 'racist' and being subjected to laws specific to 'racism'. Example: "It was culturism in this case, not racism. Case closed."

edit :

Jesus As Curator

There's a lot to know about the world. There were a lot of laws in the Torah. Jesus didn't invent a law, but rather curated. Life is not about knowing everything. And you'd maybe have to know everything to determine the very best knowledge for everyone. It'd be super hard, and lots of philosophers have failed doing that.

Culturism

A simple word to solve the 'racism' misunderstanding when a person dislikes another person's culture. By saying "you culturist!" the culturist attitude doesn't get mixed up with racism and laws regarding racism.

Since there's a lot of cultures in the world and a history of racist violence, the new word 'culturist' could open legal room for debating cultural values without being called a 'racist' and being subjected to laws specific to 'racism'. Example: "It was culturism in this case, not racism. Case closed."

This isn't exactly the same but most of what you describe falls under the also commonly-used term "xenophobia".

Xenophobia is fear of the unknown/strange. Culturism is the position that the other culture is subpar or irrelevant and should be avoided or defended against.

Culturism does not fear anything. It is of bravery.

Multiculturalism is fear. It is fear of accountability. If every culture is equal, accountability for your culture subdues. If one culture or value system is more beneficial than the other, your choice is associated with accountability and guilt.

Guilt is real, like love. Guilt is what our generation has towards future climate refugees. The debt is a function of our culture. The culture of consumption and gratification. Your individual accountability is associated with culture, and culturism. It matters a great deal what your culture is. Some cultures are to be blamed, and it would be beneficial if they didn't exist.

Just saying, yo.

Where are your citations? Your posts have as little backing as mine. More disagreeable does not mean more underinformed. It just means I reached a different conclusion, possibly from a different perspective. You could claim that it's possible to reach an overview of what the global system is like, but I'd like to see you prove yourself in an encyclopaedia before you claim to have overall more important knowledge than me.

#teamburger

Though I'm of the opinion that while all cultures are deserving of respect, etc, some cultural attitudes / beliefs are just plain wrong. 

I'm generally a relativist, but I do think that there is room for some moral absolutes. 

I'm a bit of a cunt, though. :shrug: 

ban ad hominems likes this

like free dome... filosofi isn't free!

:tear:

there's always a price! (to pay!)

yes! a Price!

[Vincent!]

suffer suffer the little children!

pain is elemental!

purity is faith in chaos!

death is but a gift!

sweet sweet release!

(almost... sexual)

I'm a bit of a cunt, though. :shrug: 

A real culturist would own up to their own values. If you identify with cuntianist behaviour systems, that is to say 'behaviour adhering to cunt values', then you would associate your proclamation with a more positive smiley, if you were a culturist. By acknowledging your cuntianist behavioural ethics, and also criticising them from a collectivist appropriation of the 'good', you fail to own up to your own culture, and fail to defend yourself.

On ballet

Ballet is somehow high art. I think it's because people sit in high-paying office jobs. Intellectual life is like, stationary. All those stationary people have one thing they can't do: dance well. And so, ballet is a kind of skateboarding for completely stationary adults with high wages and degrees.

Hobbesian Hypocrisy

The liberal world likes to think it is fairer than Sharia Law, and without violence, and to even think of state violence as a beast. But as a matter of fact, the liberal civilization is itself built on a political philosophy of creating such a beast, a 'Leviathan', which Sir Thomas Hobbes lays out in his book called Leviathan. This book is a classic cornerstone of western academic philosophy, and the beast that is state violence is built into the structures of the very streets and institutions taken for granted by contemporaries. The advanced society stands on the shoulders of giants, beasts, Leviathans. A new state like ISIL does not have a past of slave labor to live comfortably off of. It's in the Hobbesian phase, still.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leviathan_(book)

ISIL proves that USA doesn't have complete corporate control of international cultural values.

As long as there are exotic cultures that Americans find apprehensive, there is true freedom on the planet.

The natives were too primitive for the settlers. They were brutally slaughtered in a largely forgotten genocide.

Today, the attempted genocide on "apprehensive" natives of the middle east has become a dire mess, as people see that there has to be territory for otherness on the planet. It can't all be one big suburban monoculture. We'd have to eat each other.