📚☕H🍎📚

Last movie you watched

Image result for we are still here poster

dug this one, starts as a typical haunted house story, shifts towards some lovecraftian horror. The acting and deaths were campy and didn't take itself too seriously, I think at one point the old man character even goes "lotta history in this ol house."  A solid, but unspectacular watch

I just came in here to post about that very same film...

v1.bTsxMjM0NTY3NTtqOzE3NjAyOzEyMDA7NjM5O

Ive been so hyped for this ever since seeing the trailer back in October or whenever it was. I got kind of nervous that it wouldn’t live up to my expectations but damn, did it ever. A sparkling script (couple of bum notes mind you), great performances and a plot that expertly navigated the easy options for something more interesting. Excellent stuff.

Got dragged along to The Greatest Showman. Not great, not great at all...the songs were very weird...in fact the weirdest part was that there were songs at all, I didn't even realise it was a musical from the trailer! I thought it was a Prestige type film :lol: 3 Lights out of 10.

image.jpeg.ea43ac07968e10f1065b84c95f662a15.jpeg

this owned. a dude walks around NYC carrying his detached siamese twin brother in a wicker basket. chaos ensues! the monster looked and sounded hilarious and it built to a dope ending. cannae w8 to watch 2and 3

image.jpeg.0038d91100e5b5ce1a7dfab91f5964db.jpeg

not sure this needed a sequel but it was fun enough. the plot involves maguc sunglasses so its best if i don't attempt to summarize it. haim working at a sex store called condomania was a highlight 

image-w1280.jpg?1445918711

just saw la cicatrice intérieure/the inner scar. the local theater is doing a philippe garrel series and this was the first one I was able to catch. it was...alright? lots of really pretty shots of nico and some dudes wandering through the desert but I dunno, even at just an hour it felt kind of long

1 hour ago, I am a damn ass bunny said:

just saw la cicatrice intérieure/the inner scar. the local theater is doing a philippe garrel series and this was the first one I was able to catch. it was...alright? lots of really pretty shots of nico and some dudes wandering through the desert but I dunno, even at just an hour it felt kind of long

Look at that little kid leading the horse though! I'd watch that for an hour if shot well with a good soundtrack. :) 

12 hours ago, I am a damn ass bunny said:

Just at a glance, I was sure that was Mia Sara.

The Disaster Artist was just as good as I was hoping it would be, and it was very moving too. Wiseau is such a sympathetic character, despite being an abusive tyrant (who's also a naive child). I'm happy that he wasn't played for straight laffs though it would have been understandable. Franco was amazing, as he usually is, and he deserves an Oscar for his performance. The only problem with the movie is that the he actors were too good to be as bad as the re-enactments required. 

Call Me By Your Name - I'm turning into such a baby when it comes to movies - I was tearing up for almost the entire last half hour of this, and then for a little while afterwards. I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to relate to it at first because everyone was so rich and white and beautiful, and it was a little slow to start, but it totally transcended that by the end. There were so many little true-to-life details that I wasn't expecting to see in a relatively mainstream movie. It was very jarring and disarming, in a good way. I really loved the way it dealt with loss too. It was very quiet and grounded and all the more devastating for it. The entire third act was basically perfect. I can see parts of it staying with me for a long time.

Lady Bird.

Anyone else think this was just absolutely AWFUL? It's just load of... things, instead of a plot. Nothing at all happens. That can be fine sometimes obviously, but this film is boring as absolute heck! No stakes or consequences or anything. It felt like an attempt to make a kind of Napoleon Dynamite, but without any of the things that make that good. 

What's wrong with everyone? Why is it being given a load of awards and high ratings? I really thought I was going to enjoy it. gUH!

(Also, when she went into the bathroom she walked past like four open stalls and opened the only closed one when she found her boyfriend there.)

14 hours ago, Jonathan Trott said:

"An outspoken teen must navigate a loving but turbulent relationship with her strong-willed mother over the course of an eventful and poignant senior year of high school."

Sounds like a nightmare! 

I'd love to see what a quiet year for our Lady Bird is like if that was considered eventful.