📚☕H🍎📚

Last movie you watched

actually watched a bit of the wind rises before going out last night

beautiful film

This one really interests me, apparently I can pirate this in English but not buy it legally here :unsure:

Children of Men

Took me a while, but finally got around to it. Excellent film. So many standout scenes.

Poor Michael Caine. :(

Probably my favorite movie. Pull my finger :(

Children of Men

Took me a while, but finally got around to it. Excellent film. So many standout scenes.

Poor Michael Caine. :(

Haven't seen this in years but I loved it. The uncut long scenes are brilliant. 

I watched the 2013 Wolverine movie and it was terrible. Didn't know if it wanted to be a brainless, cliché action movie or an unrealistic romance with no chemisty whatsoever.

Kinda embarrassed, really. But I couldn't sleep and was happy to watch something.

Snowpiercer

Pretty great! Who knew Captain America could act? It struck a nice balance between action and more character-driven stuff, which seems like it's tough to pull off. It made me want to see more of Bong Joon-ho's movies (especially Mother, which seems right up my alley), since the only other one I've seen is The Host, and I remember liking that a lot, too.

movies I want to watch in the next couple days:

Boogie Nights

Dogville

3 Women

Trainspotting (seen it already but realized that I can't remember it)

will report back :parrot2:

I watched Prisoners last night. I was expecting a dumb action movie like Taken, so it kind of shocked me when it was actually legitimately good. It reminded a lot of Zodiac.

Dogville

I saw this ages ago and remember loving it. Not sure how I'd feel about it if I watched it today.

under the skin was really great and had like a bajillion shots/scenes im still thinkin about all "damn..."

i am scared to watch the raid 2 because the first one is perfect and did not need a sequel

ONE MILLION WAYS TO DIE IN THE WEST

Not too bad. A few pretty funny lines, but as a whole was fairly average.

I think I'm seeing TRACKS tomorrow. Hopefully. Looking forward to that one....

rewatching rise of the planet of the apes because i dont remember shit about it and i want to see the new one because keri russell and jason clarke and judy greer and every time an ape hurts a human i say "thats what he gets for not hailing to the chimp" and its funny every time

I saw The Signal last night. Absolutely one of the weirdest movies I've seen in theaters. Around halfway through I realized just how bugfuck crazy it actually was, and spent the rest of the movie laughing and gaping in awe of it. It's so bizarre and brazen that it transcends labels like "good" or "bad." I fully expect it to be a cult classic within a few years.

the raid 2 had terrible pacing. so fucking slow for like the first 90 minutes ffs but it nearly made up for it with the fights at the end

still prefer the raid 1

the pacing was weird but a lot of the non-fight scenes worked for me... was really feelin all the visual shoutouts he was doin

also the mad dog arc was great

i think its up there with raid 1 tbh... def not as rewatchable tho

really, you liked the mad dog twin guy? they never really explained him right? and his two fights were okay (first one was terrible because he was OP and the second, he didn't really kick that much ass), but nothing on comparison with the two fights he had in raid 1

for me, it felt like they tried to go too artsy, with the extended lingering shots on things. some of the camera shots were very nice, but on average i feel the fights were much shorter length. also add int he fact that the main guy didn't get as much screen time (irt fights) because they basically had a intro fight for all the special characters.

also although i loved hammer girl and bat guy, they felt a bit contrived. it's like "here's the boss fights with unique boss characters!!"

i guess basically what i'm saying is that all the main characters felt too OP. In the Raid 1 I felt like the fights felt less stacked.

but seriously, it's a 2:30 movie and the fighting only really begins in earnest after 1:50. basically because it had a better story the pacing suffered for it