Jumping Man

The National Thread

theremin's the nastiest guy we have here rn! (which is kind of sad) 

grumpy geezer who hates it when kids enjoy music and is bitter + seems to care more than anyone that pitchfork is making his old man bands irrelevant 

14 minutes ago, Theremin. said:

I mean, we can't all be 30something men listening to music marketed at teenage girls posting 80k times about it on a message board with a slightly creepy avatar.

Unless you've got a time machine this post is all kinds of wrong, you silly angry mushroom :p 

Imagine finding Demi and Selena creepy in 2017 :| 

except for that one, natch

I'd even allow not liking SSfDL bc its different but to like every national album Alligator or later and then really hate one makes no sense to me, they're all pretty similar

I can't quite yet get over how old they sound here at times.

I'm well aware they've never sounded younger than middle aged for the most part... and I think the mid tempo mumbling was turned up a notch or 3 on TWFM, but outside of turtleneck this reminds me of late period wilco and yo la tengo albums in terms of pace, cadence, mood, etc.

I do think it's better than the later albums by those bands however 

After some very cursory consideration, I think I like that spoken word bit in Walk it Back even more knowing that it comes from some random psycho but could so easily be attributed to Karl Rove.