Art Vandelay

oscar screeners

It's when movies that are still too new to be out on DVD are sent out as DVDs to members of the academy for consideration as Oscar nominees, and they're all the time leaking to the internet. So there are usually a glut of good new movies to pirate at this time of year, if you're okay with watching an actress turn in a heartbreaking performance while the words "FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION" flash at the bottom of the screen :D

ocean and Peach like this

1 hour ago, eeeezypeezy said:

It's when movies that are still too new to be out on DVD are sent out as DVDs to members of the academy for consideration as Oscar nominees, and they're all the time leaking to the internet. So there are usually a glut of good new movies to pirate at this time of year, if you're okay with watching an actress turn in a heartbreaking performance while the words "FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION" flash at the bottom of the screen :D

so basically it's a way to see some movies like, a few weeks before they come out on blu-ray/digital, but with some annoying stuff on there?

edit: and illegally?

I'd never even heard of screeners before this thread and now Ive seen some irl lol cuz this guy's brother is a member of the SAG or whatever lol. he just threw em out on the table at the bar and offered to watch them but no specific plans cuz I barely know the guy 

Room is out there (watched it last night).  A decent version of the flick was probably out there beforehand anyway but what I watched was definitely a screener cuz it had the occasional "for your consideration" pop up on the screen.  Good quality.

In the case of the proxy I use, btguard, you have to use a client like utorrent on windows or qbittorrent on linux/mac, that have advanced connection options. Then the proxy service provides you with the server information (proxy type like socks5, ip address, and port), and a username and password, and you just plug all that in to your connection config settings and you're good to go. All your torrent traffic gets routed through their servers.  So when I download a torrent it looks like I'm in Denmark or some shit.  There's a site they link you to that lets you verify your IP is masked, too.

Palo likes this