Art Vandelay

oscar screeners

well he's a prick but at least he's not white I guess, they did all white acting noms for the 2nd year in a row, I haven't seen most of the movies yet but it looks like a p. boring field. Looks like Leo is a virtual lock to finally get one.

"Whiplash" was brilliant.  I gotta watch that one again.  Really glad Simmons won, even tho I don't really put stock in the Oscars.  Award shows are dumb.

That being said, I really hope Brie Larson wins for "Room."  That movie was excellent.  That kid in the movie was robbed of a nom, I thought he was even better than she was.  Also hope Leo wins cuz he's been too good for too long to not have won.

How did "Straight Outta Compton" get no recognition?  Oh, I forgot, there's black people in it....

18 minutes ago, art vandelay said:

go back to james franco and anne hathaway.  what a glorious train wreck that was

I support this. Actually they can ditch Hathaway and just have a very, very obviously stoned Franco host it in drag.

Art Vandelay, psycho and ocean like this

58 minutes ago, peachchaos said:

very weak year

I'd say give it to a TV show but even those sucked

anyway here's what I hope leaks soon:

Moonlight

American Honey

The Lobster

Jackie

Edge of Seventeen

Manchester by the Sea

the lobster blu ray has leaked i think

Peach likes this

looks a little good will hunting ish but i love that movie so i'm into watching it

i know this dude that has seen every movie already that is supposed to be an oscar contender except this one and he got into a wreck going to see it the other day

he saw it the next day

ocean and psycho like this

On 2016-12-07 at 10:30 AM, art vandelay said:

is manchester by the sea?  i'm not really this lazy, i just can't check at work

Haven't found it via my android box yet, but Doug Benson posted a pic earlier today showing his screener copy that just arrived so hopefully a copy of it will show up online soon.

Art Vandelay likes this