psycho

Nutrition and Exercise

I'm squishy, but not droopy (except for my boobs of course), and I'm ok with that. I have recently begun to notice that I'm not as strong as I once was, and that bugs me. Maybe someday it will bug me enough to actually do something about it.

Been on a mission this year to get healthier. My dad and brother are both big guys so I somehow lucked out being 6ft, 170lb with all the junk I ate. I've now completely cut out red meat and most meat tbh. Started doing a lot more cardio. And I'm taking some vitamins that leave the worst taste in your mouth(Men's Pro Health One A Days :sick: ) but otherwise have made quite a noticeable impact.

All you need is Mother Earth, Father Sky, and your dear old Uncle Tony.

*( . )( . )*

Are those asterisks supposed to be pit hair? I'm def. a fan of the natural look.

I eat mostly healthy: I have red meat only once a month or so, eat vegan / vegetarian most nights, but I do eat salmon, cod, chicken, and turkey a few times a week. I'm very active so I eat a lot of complex carbs: brown rice, LOVE quinoa, granola — love that, too. Umm? I don't really make it a point to buy / eat organic. I think it is stupid label and eating local and reducing meat consumption is far more important than the label, though I remain a critic of conventional agribusiness.

Um. As far as the exercise part, I try to run as often as I can, I bicycle more than I drive, I am a big fan of yoga, and in the summer I like to hike and to the ocassional backpacking trip.

I'm definitely not in the shape I used to be in when I was running marathons or racing a bike, but I'm still underweight for my height, but definitely getting some pudge in my belly. That's just age. I'm in my 30s and kind of embarrassed about that. But whatever.

I'm not as skinny as I was 18 months ago when I rode my bike literally everywhere, but I'm not back to being a total fatass again. Would like to just get a little fitter at least so basketball each Wednesday isn't such a struggle.

Is there a local comp anywhere? Put your name up on a board and go for it imo.

I'm mostly trying to get past the niggle stage, where every week you are unfit so you get a niggling injury, then you can't run again during the week so you are unfit again come next game time.

I've been gradually trying to improve my health a little bit all of the time. That entails working out 3-5 times a week. It can be something as simple as running for 30-40 minutes or going for a swim for like an hour. I also mess around with some weights here and there. I also try to walk to place whenever I can.

On the food side of things I try and cut as much sodium/fast food out of my diet as possible. I eat fast food maybe once or twice a month. Almost never more than that. I also try and eat smaller portions. I noticed that when I went abroad I lost 15 pounds without even trying. I'm almost certain that was because I ate a lot of vegetables and much smaller portions. So I've been trying to do that as well.

I'm not overly strict but I do put some effort into staying in shape. I'm like 20 pounds less than I was two years ago though so I think it works fine.

well it's fine that you don't know, because i do.

side with me, ira

actually don't worry about whatever ira says.  she isn't sure.  but her subconscious agrees with me.

I started powerlifting with the intention of weight gain in November Iast year. I go to the gym 3 days a week, and began eating a lot more protein and carbs. I went from 155 pounds to 190 pounds at 5'9" and benching the bar to benching my starting weight, squatting 95 pounds to ~250 pounds, and deadlifting 135 pounds to 315 pounds. My goal for bodyweight is 210 or so eventually, but once I hit 190 it slowed down a bit.

I've always been very skinny, and I always told people I didn't have to work out because I was naturally skinny, but that wasn't really why. I just never are enough to gain any weight, that's kind of how it works. For men, what you need to eat to gain weight is around 2700 calories, give or take, depending on height, and this is a lot more than most people think. You need to eat this consistently, it's harder than it sounds.

I look at pictures of myself from even a year ago and my jaw drops, I was one skinny fuck.

had no clue melatonin could do that.  i was thinking of starting melatonin soon.  WHAT THE FUCK.

what about valerian root?  that's supposed to help some people sleep but has the opposite effect for some.

but it made me sleep so well :( I got pretty worried when my weight remained the same for weeks while I cut back on calories and exercised like a mad woman

it's usually not that hard for me to lose some pounds

Go get a prescription for Tryptophan. It's actually the only sleep aid that's ever helped me (melatonin does nothing for me) and to the best of my knowledge it doesn't fuck with your body.

You guys... I'm getting fat again. :(

I'm hoping to start exercise again this weekend. I hate this cycle of being fit, then lazy, then fit, then lazy, etc. Gonna work hard to burn this shitty gut away and then try to stick to a manageable plan to keep it off.

I'm sure no one cares, I'm just venting....