shakes

thread to discuss milkshakes, smoothies, floats and other assorted blended beverages

Week 2 of protein shakes and I gotta say this stuff fills the gaps between meals much better than any crappy snacks I would buy.

Protein bars are surpringly high in sugar and processed shit. Like, I can't find a single brand that isn't.

i think of you sometimes too. :Concentrated-min:

trying to work boarding into my schedule, then u will never leave me

also milkshakes and smoothies shouldn''t be sharing a topic.  milkshakes are too decadentwonderful.  floats, alright

ocean likes this

2 hours ago, Do They Know It's pentaChristmas? said:

Best boozy milkshake I've ever had:

3 oz. bourbon

3 Tbs. Nutella

1/2 c. vanilla ice cream

splash millk

Blend until slutty.

i tried making this once and couldn't get the nutella to not be clumpy, idk was thinking maybe there was something to the order but perhaps my blender just wasn't good enough 

alien likes this

1 hour ago, ocean said:

i tried making this once and couldn't get the nutella to not be clumpy, idk was thinking maybe there was something to the order but perhaps my blender just wasn't good enough 

Maybe melt the Nutella in the microwave first?

On 12/14/2017 at 4:16 PM, Do They Know It's pentaChristmas? said:

We're getting a Vitamix. We want to make green smoothies on Sundays that we can put in the fridge and pull out to drink for/with breakfast during the workweek. Who's got recipes?

Since I got no help here :), I started looking up recipes on the web. After looking at dozens of them, I found a website that suggested a simple ratio to build your own. Seemed pretty reasonable to me.

So, this morning I followed that to make a smoothie with water, strained (Greek-style) vanilla yogurt, spinach, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, and banana. It was pretty good!

Then, I got to work, and a coworker had brought in some extra sausage biscuits from the local burger place around the corner. That was even better!

alien likes this

yeah i mean i didn't have advice bc those are just not my thing i'm not sure i know anyone very well who didn't just go through a phase but more power to you if you like them and stick with them bc fruits and vegetables are good for you if you're not gonna eat them another way 

i like smoothies but i am definitely more concise with the flavors and i throw pinches of flax and chia seeds in there bc u can't really tell 

alien, Creep and pentachris like this

my bf literally eats it by the handful plain

i think he usually makes like a protein smoothie with powder and peanut butter and juice and frozen fruit, and then has handfuls of spinach on the side, and also eats his bananas separately not in smoothie 

alien likes this

the day i "peg" someone.  oh god.

her bf is legit qt though.  nice golden head of hair, tallish iirc, eats his spinach leafs, and rose equally a knockout

adding a heaping teaspoon of awkward to the malt thread youre welcome

im not saying i want to peg them.  they are genuinely a "cute couple",

back to malts

i wish this thread had this many reply and was just about malts, i also wish someone would ask me out to just get malts

alien, pentachris and ocean like this