harcourt™

Nature, hiking, pretty places, etc

Naw, you couldn't climb it when I was there. It was still somewhat "active" (hence the cloud cover. that was actually the clearest I'd seen it the 3-4 days I was in the area). It wasn't at risk of erupting, but it spat out rocks and bits of lava all the time. At night you could go to the Arenal Observatory Lodge (fancy hotel, the only one within the park) and see them tumbling down its side at night. Never got good pics of that tho, cause my dumb camera went all fucky on me that night. I think its since gone dormant tho, so maybe you can climb it now.

Not sure how high it is tho, sorry.

I would love to see more pictures of Perth. Didn't expect it to be so green. It's always been this strange, fascinating place to me.

In a lot of ways, it is the edge of the earth. There is no other major city as remote as Perth and it is the closest antipodal city to where I am. The true antipode is in the middle of the Indian Ocean.

I would love to see more pictures of Perth. Didn't expect it to be so green. It's always been this strange, fascinating place to me.

In a lot of ways, it is the edge of the earth. There is no other major city as remote as Perth and it is the closest antipodal city to where I am. The true antipode is in the middle of the Indian Ocean.

I got a job offer from a guy I met at my hostel in Vancouver over New Years to work at a clinic he runs in Grantland (about 100km north of Perth, I believe) after I finish my practicum. Doubt I'll go for it, but wouldn't mind at least making a trip out that way in the future.

I would consider it a favor if you can go hiking and take some pictures of the Rockies sometime this summer.

I spent six weeks in Jasper once. It was amazing. So many great climbs. My favorite was Mt. Edith Cavell.

So I had a pretty quiet night and decided to dig up old CDs of photos to try and find some good Rocky Mountain pics for you, but looks like those CDs must still be somewhere in my parent's house. Apparently I didnt bring them with me when I moved. Sorry. :( I'll either try to remember to track them down next time Im over there or just take new ones if I manage to get out to the Rockies again later this year.

While I had my CDs out, though, I decided to upload a few more Costa Rica photos (from my more recent trip) to a different Flickr account. So if you or anyone else feels like taking a gander, here they be: https://www.flickr.com/photos/84846624@N07/

They're mostly wildlife pics, but a few photos of the landscape as well....

Oh, there is also a random photo from Vietnam that I uploaded to this account a long, long time ago. I was literally just pointing my camera in random directions and snapping photos without looking and happened to snap what I consider to be my best photo ever

dusty likes this

Thanks, y'all. I'm fortunate because my dad is big into photography so generally he will pass his older model on to me when he purchases a new one. And he told me even when I first started out that I'm good at framing my shots so that's cool. :)

I love wildlife photography. I'd kill to have that as a profession. Even if I'm never lucky enough for that, I would love to continue it as a hobby. Particularly photos of insects (being a bug nut and all). I really want to get a solid high-powered macro lens go back to Costa Rica and take photos of all the crazy bugs they have there.

That was a picture from June. Not that much snow here now. Not even in the mountains. But it was such a striking picture so I had to post it.

Snow > rain.

Prefer sun to both. Which is why I love it when it rains or snows overnight but in the morning the sun comes up. Always so pretty.

pfft they're barely winters at all you wuss!

i expected better of a russian.

a drier climate would help

Last winter was fucking brutal, made me feel so fed up. They usually don't get to me that much but this one made me not understand how my parents have lived through double the amount of winters as me... don't really know where I would seriously relocate though. Everyone I've known and my family lives here and I love Toronto a lot.

Few weekends ago I checked out Rouge Park which is pretty huge. My friends and I are planning a little bike trip (probably would take around 4 hours to get there) and camp/hike for a weekend. Still not totally sure you can camp there..should look into that

No actually I got really lucky. I live in a 2 bedroom apartment with a couple (who're some of my best pals) and there isn't much privacy to begin with but over the course of that week we had 4 friends living with us. I generally don't mind but by the end it got incredibly stifling. My parents also lucked out but had most of my extended family living with them through Christmas and the holidays.

I remember the night it was happening I was at a random apartment in a penthouse apartment on Broadview and had a spectacular view of the transformers blowing and power slowly cutting off in grids throughout the city. The walk home was so surreal, complete blackness with the few car headlights illuminating all the branches and houses coated in ice, it was actually really beautiful.

did you grow up in Toronto? I can't tell if I'd be happier living through half a year in grey rain on the West Coast or continue enduring these winters...

Winter doesn't suck everywhere. I grew up on the Great Lakes, and now that I live on the coast of Maine I realize that a consistent winter is way better than the wet, sloppy mess that comes across Lake Erie.

Toronto really isn't so bad, Montreal is consistently 10 degrees colder... Lake Ontario also pushes a lot of snowfall north of us (haha suckers!). I'll try and suck it upihaveproblems... where do you live?

No actually I got really lucky. I live in a 2 bedroom apartment with a couple (who're some of my best pals) and there isn't much privacy to begin with but over the course of that week we had 4 friends living with us. I generally don't mind but by the end it got incredibly stifling. My parents also lucked out but had most of my extended family living with them through Christmas and the holidays.

I remember the night it was happening I was at a random apartment in a penthouse apartment on Broadview and had a spectacular view of the transformers blowing and power slowly cutting off in grids throughout the city. The walk home was so surreal, complete blackness with the few car headlights illuminating all the branches and houses coated in ice, it was actually really beautiful.

did you grow up in Toronto? I can't tell if I'd be happier living through half a year in grey rain on the West Coast or continue enduring these winters...

I've lived in Toronto for 14 years now and the climate here fucking blows. this summer has been perfect though because we haven't had many humid days and that's great in my books

I live fairly close to Sunnybrook hospital and for some reason my area was one of the last ones to get power back :unsure: I had to stay with my extended family for 4 days because the temperature in my house reached about 5C. it kinda ruined my Xmas because I was looking forward to not doing any work and playing some video games since I don't get a lot of time to be lazy

fucking toronto hydro :angry: