Kindergarten Plop

THE PODCAST THREAD

I couldn't find one anywhere, merge this if there is one.

What are you listening to?

This week I've mostly been listening to that Beautiful/Anonymous one... it's sort of alright if you forget about the forced bits. I had to skip that military one though, Americans talking about that is always far too sickening. I quite like the others though :)

ocean likes this

This year my podcasting habits have mostly been:

Still listen to: Second Captains/WFPI/Blizzard/Hardcore Histories/various Guardian and Radio 4 documentary filth/French and German shan/Creek's Arsenal poddy when they can be bothered to do it/Graham Hunter's sycophantic wank offs to mediocrities if I'm desperate.

In the bin: Ramble, Fitba Weekly, Kermode and Mayo, Danny Baker.

59 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

This year my podcasting habits have mostly been:

Still listen to: Second Captains/WFPI/Blizzard/Hardcore Histories/various Guardian and Radio 4 documentary filth/French and German shan/Creek's Arsenal poddy when they can be bothered to do it/Graham Hunter's sycophantic wank offs to mediocrities if I'm desperate.

In the bin: Ramble, Fitba Weekly, Kermode and Mayo, Danny Baker.

Why are you so obsessed with football? Give it a rest m8.

I like a lot of the guests on that Richard Herring Leicester Square yin so I listen to most of them, but he's such an unfunny deplorable man that I absolutely hate it. His laugh, his patter, his jokes that aren't funny repeated every time. Sometimes I find myself wishing he was dead, but that the guests still came on and talked.

Guest Eat Shadows

did someone get rid of my dank word filter? :( 

thanks for making this thread, there really wasn't one but I'm too much of a dipshit to get around to making one myself 

-Slate's The Gist with Mike Pesca is the only daily 'cast I listen to and it's pretty much my main source of news, but my favorite segments are when Maria Konnikova comes on to play "Is That Bullshit?" God that woman is amazing. 

besides that the other shall we say "generally informative" podcasts I listen to are:

-Freakonomics Radio-

-Stuff You Should Know-

-Stuff Mom Never Told You-

-Call Your Girlfriend-

-Radiolab-

-Invisibilia-

-Serial- is great (both seasons but the first was better obv)

-Undisclosed- is one I got into that went way more in depth on Adnan but is now pivoting to other similar cases of justice system failure or whatever. There was an ep recently where they talked to the guy who does -Breakdown-, which is local to me so I've subscribed to it and will get to it once I catch up on some other stuff

i listen to more podcasts about magic the gathering than is reasonable for such an excessively casual player but I've come to really like hearing people discuss it:

-Magic the Amateuring- is Maria and Meghan, two badass girls talking about whatever aspect of magic is most relevant at the time (weekly) and it is the most fun podcast I've ever heard

-Limited Resources- is a great weekly 'cast that really drills down to the nitty gritty of sealed and draft in particular and Luis Scott Vargas is popular for good reasons as he is both smart and funny as hell while Marshall keeps them on track and sort of plays the part of the listener in that he made this podcast specifically so he could pick the brains of smarter people, especially as he was coming from a background in poker which is way less complicated of a game 

-The Girlfriend Bracket- is one I listen to occasionally. semi-notable for being started by a transgender girl along with 3 other girls from various aspects of the magic world 

-Ask Me Another- is almost pure fluff of a quiz show but I love it 

been meaning to get around to His Holiness the 17th Karmapa's podcast on Buddhist teachings, soon I think 

10 hours ago, ocean said:

-Undisclosed- is one I got into that went way more in depth on Adnan but is now pivoting to other similar cases of justice system failure or whatever. There was an ep recently where they talked to the guy who does -Breakdown-, which is local to me so I've subscribed to it and will get to it once I catch up on some other stuff

This is the worst podcast ever created. That Chaudry woman is a complete idiot (and a liar).

yeah but like, this one even more than usual, and I kept listening because I couldn't decide if horatio's jokes annoyed me (I think the guy is hilarious but he definitely crosses that line pretty regularly) or if I liked how much they clearly pissed scott off

I've been listening to cbb less and less too though, scott's just not a very good interviewer when the guest isn't a regular and when they are he tends to push the comedy in really annoying directions

18 hours ago, eeeezypeezy said:

Citizen Radio is pretty alright. Lots of dadhumor but the stories they cover and their commentary is good

Parts of today's episode had me cracking up for real, I didn't even get to the actual news portion yet :lol: