Kindergarten Plop

THE PODCAST THREAD

7 minutes ago, dunderhead said:

Wait, was the pretentious caller Troy? The guy talking about having mean kids and Charles Manson? :lol:

If you aren't on Tom's exact wavelength, I can totally see the show as amateurish and bumbling

It was the first caller, a woman talking about her anxiety problems and bumping into her favorite director or something

59 minutes ago, eeeezypeezy said:

It was the first caller, a woman talking about her anxiety problems and bumping into her favorite director or something

Her call got better as it went on and actually ended with a fun story.

Really, there's only one regular caller that I can't stand and that's because basically everything out of their mouth is so "woe is me". I'm sure that anyone that has even listened to two episodes knows exactly who.

On 11/28/2017 at 5:14 PM, dunderhead said:

Really, there's only one regular caller that I can't stand and that's because basically everything out of their mouth is so "woe is me". I'm sure that anyone that has even listened to two episodes knows exactly who.

Is it....you?

Finally listened to the culture episode of The Discourse Collective about the movie IT, was very good. About Pennywise as a metaphor for capital and the problematic nature of Beverly's portrayal and Pennywise's implicit queerness :fun:

Currently listening to a podcast recapping the Animorphs series :lol: It's hosted by three people, one who's a superfan, one who vaguely remembers it from childhood, and one who's coming in completely blind. They refer to Visser Three's Elfangor-killing morph as "the hentai fuckbeast" :tear:

e: it's called The Dork-Bajir Chronicles

http://www.nightvalepresents.com/ionlylistentothemountaingoats I think there are a couple mountain goats fans on the board - I don't know anything about this podcast or if it's any good but my sister's boyfriend did a lot of sound work for it and it is currently paying his bills :) 

dunderhead likes this