Jump to content
Kindergarten Plop

THE PODCAST THREAD

Recommended Posts

tfw you meet a girl at a party and think she seems vaguely familiar and then realize she was featured on an episode of a podcast you listen to, live from their sxsw show :lol: 

honestly i think i remember facebook-searching her name and seeing that we had friends in common and i might have met her at a party before, but this time i added her

incidentally said podcast is now over forever but i have a million backlogged episodes to listen to since they had like hour long podcasts twice a week 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anyone know how to find old episodes of Comedy Bang Bang? the website and iTunes seem to only have files going back to the episode #400's or so, was looking for a couple older ones.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Started listening to Sword and Scale

 

basically just a bunch of True Crime stories with some really brutal/sickening episodes. Here's a good synopsis of one of their most popular eps:

 

Ronald William Brown was a ventriloquist puppeteer on a television program called Joy Junction, a variety show on the Christian Television Network. Last year he received a 20-year sentence for child pornography charges, but the real story is much more disturbing.

Brown along with 42 others were netted in a child porn sting that spanned two continents and perpetrators from every walk of life. Believe it or not, the worst part of the story isn’t that these individuals wanted to molest children. Instead, their online chat logs revealed a deep desire to murder, mutilate and eat their corpses too. Brown even had a particular victim in mind, a boy that attended his local church. The horrific level of detail in their plans is captured in the eerily benign nature of their back and forth dialog, which has been recreated using computer voices for this program.

eeeezypeezy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wahdiohead said:

Started listening to Sword and Scale

 

basically just a bunch of True Crime stories with some really brutal/sickening episodes. Here's a good synopsis of one of their most popular eps:

 

Ronald William Brown was a ventriloquist puppeteer on a television program called Joy Junction, a variety show on the Christian Television Network. Last year he received a 20-year sentence for child pornography charges, but the real story is much more disturbing.

Brown along with 42 others were netted in a child porn sting that spanned two continents and perpetrators from every walk of life. Believe it or not, the worst part of the story isn’t that these individuals wanted to molest children. Instead, their online chat logs revealed a deep desire to murder, mutilate and eat their corpses too. Brown even had a particular victim in mind, a boy that attended his local church. The horrific level of detail in their plans is captured in the eerily benign nature of their back and forth dialog, which has been recreated using computer voices for this program.

BORING

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i tried listening to sword and scale but i just could not do it

 

the host talks like fuckin zak bagans and is so over the top, like, "how could these MONsters DO such a THING, i am SHOCKED, it is disGUSTING, i am SHITTING right now"

 

plus there are a couple episodes where he goes way over the line imo, he plays the audio of a man who just had his face beaten in slowly dying. that's just snuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hotrock said:

i tried listening to sword and scale but i just could not do it

 

the host talks like fuckin zak bagans and is so over the top, like, "how could these MONsters DO such a THING, i am SHOCKED, it is disGUSTING, i am SHITTING right now"

 

plus there are a couple episodes where he goes way over the line imo, he plays the audio of a man who just had his face beaten in slowly dying. that's just snuff.

 

I wouldn't be surprised if he's caught doing something sick himself one day, he sounds like he's getting turned on by everything he says.

 

And imagine the state of the fans who look forward to the morning commute so they can listen to robots reading transcripts of people saying they want to fuck and eat children :lol: What is WRANG with people?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

agreed about the host tho, i don't really care for him

 

that said, i've always found these types of stories interesting. Although the constant referring to them as MONSTERS is lame af. They're human and shouldnt be treated as tho they're otherworldly

eeeezypeezy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wahdiohead said:

agreed about the host tho, i don't really care for him

 

that said, i've always found these types of stories interesting. Although the constant referring to them as MONSTERS is lame af. They're human and shouldnt be treated as tho they're otherworldly

there are better true crime podcasts fyi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wahdiohead said:

agreed about the host tho, i don't really care for him

 

that said, i've always found these types of stories interesting. Although the constant referring to them as MONSTERS is lame af. They're human and shouldnt be treated as tho they're otherworldly

 

There's nothing interesting about most of them, there's no intrigue or story or anything, it's just someone describing some sick shit they did for the pleasure of the disturbed listeners!

 

Thinking Sideways is alright for that kind of thing because the subjects aren't all murderers or paedos, although the hosts are annoying a lot of time because they pretend to be experts in things they know nothing about and dismiss things based on that. Like some 45 year old man saying, 'Well, if I was a 16 year old girl living in the 1950s I wouldn't have done that, so I'm going to dismiss that theory.'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I usually listen to Americans talking shite

 

Comedy Bang Bang

Cum Toon

Harmontoon, but I rarely finish it and it goes AFF if they start the role playing shite

Chapo Trap Hoose sometimes, though I often don't know what they're going on about

How Did This Get Made, depending on the film

 

I watch Norm Macdonald when it's on

and I'll watch Richard Herring if the guest is decent

 

eeeezypeezy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Arse Magic said:

I usually listen to Americans talking shite

 

Comedy Bang Bang

Cum Toon

Harmontoon, but I rarely finish it and it goes AFF if they start the role playing shite

Chapo Trap Hoose sometimes, though I often don't know what they're going on about

How Did This Get Made, depending on the film

 

I watch Norm Macdonald when it's on

and I'll watch Richard Herring if the guest is decent

 

Even when the guests are good, the Richard Herring ones are shit because he's an absolute bell end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×