Sign in to follow this  
banh mi

Best bits of musicians' Wikipedia pages

Professional wrestling, political views, and conspiracy theories

In 2011, Corgan founded a Chicago-based indie pro-wrestling corporation called Resistance Pro Wrestling.[83] In 2015, Corgan deepened his career in Professional Wrestling, becoming Senior Wrestling Producer for TNA Wrestling, where his role is to "develop characters and create story lines", which he has called "a dream come true."[84][85][86]

Corgan has also become increasingly outspoken in recent years as an advocate for conservative causes and conspiracy theories, frequently appearing as a guest on the Alex Jones radio show, where he has endorsed conspiracy theories such as "chemtrails" and the refuted connection between vaccines and autism, likened "social justice warriors" to the Ku Klux Klan, decried the "emasculation" of men in contemporary society, and praised the candidacy of Donald Trump. Corgan sometimes seems to be "wearing all of his clothes at once" or otherwise oddly dressed during these appearances, and has expressed strong political views, such as that swine flu was an "Obama conspiracy" and "propaganda", as well as claiming that the Obama administration has "gone out of their way to stifle dissent."[87][88][89][90][91][92][93][94][94][95][96][97][98][99][100]

According to Bradford Cox, Corgan once told him "You’re shit. You’re a shitty little insignificant fucking indie rock band" and had his crew manhandle Cox, because Cox had attempted to drink a bottle of Corgan's Voss water, although Cox later retracted the story under legal threats from Corgan, without, however, denying the story's truth.[101][102][103][104][105]

:lol:

Following the success of Bloody Kisses, Steele began to receive attention outside of music. He appeared as a nude centerfold of Playgirl in 1995.[50] Steele later found out via bandmate Kenny Hickey's contacts that only 23% of the magazine subscribers were female,[51] and after being asked by men to sign copies of the magazine, Steele somewhat regretted the decision: "After I did it, I thought, 'Oh my God, what did I do?'. It was more than upsetting that so many guys had it. Girls, OK, but there just seemed to be at least as many guys. Not that I'm homophobic, but it was certainly irritating."[37] In a 2007 interview, Steele reflected on the posing as merely a naïve publicity stunt.[52]

ocean likes this

In April 2007, Steele revealed that he began identifying himself as Roman Catholic in recent years, after decades of self-professed atheism.[16] In an interview with Decibelmagazine, Steele explained:

"There are no atheists in foxholes, they say, and I was a foxhole atheist for a long time. But after going through a midlife crisis and having many things change very quickly, it made me realize my mortality. And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere. I also can't believe that people like Stalin and Hitler are gonna go to the same place as Mother Teresa."[52]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ichirou_Agata

Agata claims that he gets the inspiration for his guitar riffs from the moment of euphoria when achieving something on a video game (Tony Hawk's is a favourite of his) and at that moment sings out the melody pattern and converts it to guitar.

Alexander Bogdanov and other prominent Bolsheviks decided to relocate the Bolshevik Centre to Paris; although Lenin disagreed, he moved to the city in December 1908. Lenin disliked Paris, lambasting it as "a foul hole", and while there he sued a motorist who knocked him off his bike.

eeeezypeezy and ocean like this

Lastfm rather than wiki, but still :sick:

"Kelsey Waldon is so hip that her entire life can be viewed through the vintage tones of an instagram photo. Listen to her songs and you'll immediately feel like your pants are too baggy and wonder why your shirt hasn't previously been owned."

The pace of the film was so grueling that a doctor was brought onto the set to give a vitamin B complexinjection to anyone who requested it (shots which Wyler and his family later suspected may have containedamphetamines).[92] To speed things up, Wyler often kept principal actors on stand-by, in full costume and make-up, so that he could shoot pick-up scenes if the first unit slowed down. Actresses Martha Scott and Cathy O'Donnell spent almost the entire month of November 1958 in full leprosy make-up and costumes so that Wyler could shoot "leper scenes" when other shots didn't go well.[93] Wyler was unhappy with Heston's performances, feeling they did not make Judah Ben-Hur a plausible character, and Heston had to reshoot "I'm a Jew" 16 times.

Peach and ocean like this

Together Forever was the Marshall Tucker Band's 7th studio album. It was produced by Stewart Levine, founder of CHISA records. This was the band's last album produced for Capricorn Records. The name of the album reflects thePlatonic love of the members towards one another.

Music and lyrics[edit]

Hed PE performs a style of music which they have referred to as "G-punk",[11][15] a phrase inspired by the term "G-funk",[1] itself a reference to the P-Funk collective. Hed PE's music is a fusion of styles ranging from hip hop, reggae, and ska to hard rock, punk, and heavy metal.[32][33][39][40] Other elements that have been incorporated into this style include blues,[33] funk,[41]jazz[41] and industrial.[33] Jared Gomes' vocal style ranges from melodic singing to rapping, screaming, and death growls.[34][42] The band's lyrics draw from a number of subjects, including the existence of extraterrestrial life,[43] criticism of organized religion,[43] the 9/11 Truth movement,[33][34] cannabis use[26] and sexual intercourse.[33]

Gomes, in addition to the 9/11 Truth movement, has expressed support for social liberal politicians such as Nancy Pelosi and president Barack Obama.[44][45][46][47] Previously however, Gomes' 2004 lyrics for Only in Amerika expressed support for nationalism,[26] and called for retaliation against Al Qaeda for the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

Influences[edit]

The band's influences include HEM, Beastie Boys,[24] Black Sabbath,[13] Bob Marley,[48] Led Zeppelin,[13] Nine Inch Nails,[24] Snoop Dogg, Cypress Hill, Notorious B.I.G.[49] and Rage Against the Machine.[13] Hed PE's second album, Broke, incorporated classic rock and world music influences,[12] while Back 2 Base X was influenced by classic punk bands such as the Sex Pistolsand the Clash, Insomnia was influenced by thrash metal bands such as Slayer,[50] and New World Orphans was influenced by Suicidal Tendencies and Minor Threat.[51] Guitarist Jaxon has been credited for encouraging a heavier, hardcore punk-influenced musical style.[24]

GOMES

JAXON!

oh man

keep in mind the P.E. changed every album!

it wasn't always just planet earth!

sometimes...

it was physical education!

RE-NEDIFICATION!

sometimes... gometimes...

dead is bettah!

cream cheddah chowdah!

Khrushchev was known for his emotional public image. His daughter admitted that "he was known for strong language, interrupting speakers, banging his fists on the table in protest, pounding his feet, even whistling".[7] She called such behavior a "manner, which suited his goal... to be different from the hypocrites of the West, with their appropriate words but calculated deeds".

Buddhist practitioners in the West are catered for by a minor industry providing such items as charm boxes, meditation cushions, and ritual implements. This is akin to the various industries providing ritual items and publishing scripture historically, however T. Shakya has criticized this industry as the publication of Buddhist books uproots small forests and consequently kills thousands of insects.

eeeezypeezy and ocean like this

Before the final match started, the stadium was invaded by Silver Y moths, which caused some irritation to the players, staff and coaches. The reason this occurred is because the workers at the stadium left the lights switched on the day before the match which attracted huge swaths of insects. The players and coaches of each team during the warm-up tried swatting the moths, and ground staff used brushes to clean moths from the walls, ground and other areas.[131][132] One moth was infamously captured flying on and around Cristiano Ronaldo's face when he began crying after being injured during the match.[133]

:tear:

Condite and ocean like this

After raising $1000 showing his short films to friends and family, Kubrick found the finances to begin making his first feature film, Fear and Desire (1953), originally running with the title The Trap, written by his friend Howard Sackler. Kubrick's uncle, Martin Perveler, a Los Angeles businessman, invested a further $9000 on condition that he be credited as executive producer of the film.[41] Kubrick assembled several actors and a small crew totaling 14 people (five actors, five crewmen, and four Mexicans to help transport the equipment).

ocean likes this

Abel Ferrara's reaction

Abel Ferrara, director of the 1992 film, has been quoted by various media outlets as being very angry about this one. After the film was first announced, Ferrara was quoted as saying "As far as remakes go, ... I wish these people die in Hell. I hope they're all in the same streetcar, and it blows up."[13] When asked later for his response to Ferrara's statements, Herzog stated that he does not know who Ferrara is, saying "I've never seen a film by him. I have no idea who he is."[13] At a press conference at the Venice Film Festival after the film's premiere, Herzog said of Ferrara, "I would like to meet the man," and "I have a feeling that if we met and talked, over a bottle of whisky, I should add, I think we could straighten everything out."[14]

Empire's Tom Hibbert criticized Keanu Reeves' casting[20] and was not the only critic to consider the resultant performance to be weak. In a career retrospective compiled by Entertainment Weekly, Reeves was described as having been "out of his depth" and "frequently blasted off the screen by Gary Oldman".[22] Total Film writer Nathan Ditum included Reeves in his 2010 countdown of "The 29 Worst Movie Miscastings", describing him as "a dreary, milky nothing...a black hole of sex and drama".[23] Josh Winning, also of Total Film, said that Reeves' turn spoiled the motion picture. He mentioned it in a 2011 list of the "50 Performances That Ruined Movies", and wrote: "You can visibly see Keanu attempting not to end every one of his lines with 'dude'".

sad.png

ocean and 📚☕H🍎📚 like this

3 minutes ago, Demons Sing Love Songs said:

"You can visibly see Keanu attempting not to end every one of his lines with 'dude'.

sad.png

Utterly savage

I really liked My Own Private Idaho but I could already see him in that role more than some of his others (like Jonathan Harker, or Prince Siddhartha).

there was that brief period where NO ONE liked Tom Cruise and he was quite bafflingly charming in how out of it he was

but then he thought he was in on the joke and he became as insufferable as people thought he was before but was not quite at that point!

ocean likes this

we really do need a movie with all those GUYS

Tom Cruise... Keanu Grieves... VAL KILMER... JOHN TRAVOLTA

all trying to out-"i'm a REAL important actor" each other but doing so so humbly boringlybly...

i'm sure there's a billion more you could add...