the dude

the general cricket thread

I think maybe bell at his best is a bit like Martyn with his great cuts square of the wicket..

liked watching Vaughan to but boy did he get bowled out way to much (alot like clark)

Hey waves i'm actually half way through KP's book..

I'm hating him less and less as it goes on. Seems like the biggest cunts in the english setup were broad and prior, no big surprises there.

and Andy Flower really was one boring old sour puss from day 1 huh

text gate, twitter gate all very amusing / ridiculous affairs.

he could of had 3-4 more years of test cricket if they just let him play a full IPL season!

first test will now be in adelaide, starting december 9, Brisbane will be second, with sydneys test pushed back to start on the 6th jan

for the first time ever (i think), i bought day 1 tickets for the sydney test - am very glad i did, should be a very memorable day at the cricket.

Yeah haddin is on borrowed time. Will go down as a terrific ashes player... but inconsistent outside of them series.Fair play to smith.. I didn't think he had what it takes 3-4 years ago, but he has tightened his technique whilst loosing non of the free scoring flair. Realizing he ain't much chop with the leggies and concentrating on the batting didn't harm things either. I guess the media here are getting behind him cause he is the safer option, less out there than warner I guess. Warner really has had a stella year huh.. proven best opener in world cricket in all conditions. Brayshaw loves the POCKET ROCKET! :P

Typical adelaide huh..although strange things can happen there I guess. Bowl india out quick tomorrow with a 100 run lead. Come out blazing a quick 250..after that, send them out with 15 overs left of play. If they chase 350 down then fair play, attack!

benno likes this

I don't hate Haddin as much as Watson..

But nobody does :lol:

ah shit, heard they are going with bloody starc

now there is a guy who is only decent with a white ball

Rhino pulled up stiff :| Hazlewood in.

I guess Hilfy may be on 99 wickets forever :(

hazlewood looks exciting.

starc reminds me of girly-hair bracken - only an odi / slap & tickle bowler, not a test player.

and everyone hates twatto. everyone.

haddin most people just can't believe he survived being dropped, seeing his replacement make as many 100s as twatto did in 50 tests in about six, and then be rushed back into the side for his 'experience' (experience of dropping catches, presumably).

still, he won us the last ashes series whitewash alongside johnson, so all is forgiven!

Yeah hazlewood looked so confident and at home with the red cherry. Swings it at a decent pace, wonderful to watch. Could be our new bowlologist.. Although I said that about birds great start to test cricket. Marsh looked elegant.. Until he got out. Another ton for smithy?