Ody

Last Exit To Springfield: The Simpsons Thread

yeah i'd definately agree with that, it would've been the perfect ending to the series. but in hindsight i think i'd much rather have the zombie simpsons (aka simpsons past the golden era) than for them to have stopped the show, and then come back a few years later a la arrested development - i think that would've been even worse.

It's been so long since I've actually seen real Simpsons episodes, I'm hard pressed to say what I think.

I think a Lisa's Wedding-esque style of episode would have made a great ending. And as much as I do like Homer's Enemy, there are other really good episodes post-season 8 that I'd hate to lose.

I remember I once read something where someone claimed that Homer's Enemy was both their favourite episode and the beginning of the end. Would like to dig it up again.

I mean, I'm sure it was a meta-comment on the ridiculousness of some of the situations he's been in throughout the show to that point but they really just took that and used it to beat the horse to death.

I dunno, I grew fond of a lot of the "uncomfortable at the time" episodes. Being old as the hills I remember even Bart vs. Australia causing a huge fuss down here but it grew into a classic.

Not sure what point I'm making here so imma stop.

It's been so long since I've actually seen real Simpsons episodes, I'm hard pressed to say what I think.

I think a Lisa's Wedding-esque style of episode would have made a great ending. And as much as I do like Homer's Enemy, there are other really good episodes post-season 8 that I'd hate to lose.

I remember I once read something where someone claimed that Homer's Enemy was both their favourite episode and the beginning of the end. Would like to dig it up again.

think i read that too, avclub maybe?

that's my fave simpsons ep of all time

real talk

I love when the slh and snowball run away after stampy making that noise and they run down to the end of the street then you can see their shadows in the distance

:wub:

has there ever been a top simpsons episodes list? 

we should do that (and i don't want to run it  :blunt: )

I second this!

Both in that there should be but I will definitely not run it!