Art Vandelay

Big Thief - Capacity

these dudes fuckin ripped last night.

they were opening for woods but played about an hour which was sick, close to half the set was not from masterpiece -- I know adrianne and buck had some projects before this record that I haven't looked into yet, idk if it was stuff from that or new material but it was all great. 

adrianne really lets loose on the vox live and it was great. they look like they have a lot of fun playing together, crowd was good and the band seemed really appreciative. bought their record after the set and skipped woods :W 

Art Vandelay likes this

On July 15, 2016 at 6:03 AM, C.I. said:

these dudes fuckin ripped last night.

they were opening for woods but played about an hour which was sick, close to half the set was not from masterpiece -- I know adrianne and buck had some projects before this record that I haven't looked into yet, idk if it was stuff from that or new material but it was all great. 

adrianne really lets loose on the vox live and it was great. they look like they have a lot of fun playing together, crowd was good and the band seemed really appreciative. bought their record after the set and skipped woods :W 

what all did they play from masterpiece?

This was good last night and I'm glad that I went. Her voice is very good, even with slightly wonky mixing. She got mad at people for talking during "Randy" and stopped, reprimanded them, and started it again.

The band that opened for them, Cantina, were also pretty impressive. Though very tough to google. Took me three searches to get to them which is way too much.

Art Vandelay likes this

lmao. 

I was pretty surprised and impressed with how respectful the crowd was when I saw them considering they were the opener...afterward I got the feeling most of the crowd was there for them and not the headliner. I sure was, suck it woods!!!

Art Vandelay likes this