Sign in to follow this  
art vandelay

Rostam - the guy that left Vampire Weekend

One of the better pop songs I've heard lately. And great production, which is to be expected. Went in expecting him to possibly not be as good as Ezra, but this is pretty good. Interesting how he doesn't shy away from the homosexual lyrics either. All about that melody. I dig it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b48zpQlLDI

For sure it has to work in the context of the lyrics, but there's lots of songs with he and she etc. I'm saying you don't generally hear gay artists using those words though, from what I've observed. But I'm no expert, just seems to be the case.

I liked VWs latest record and I assume this guy had a lot to do with that but I dunno about him leaving the band and going solo, not really impressed by what I heard so far tbh.

VW seemed like one of those bands that excelled when the stars aligned between Rostam and Ezra Koenig. Now we'll probably just get 2 mediocre acts instead of one good one. Leithauser should have warned him about this with his experience in things like that.