kirembri

Arts and Crafts

Hey, who likes arts? Crafts? DIY projects? Let's all post here about that stuff, it'll be good.

We can, like, share photos of finished projects and works in progress, ideas for stuff to do, patterns/designs/outlines, tips and tricks, etc etc etc

I suspect some of you might be crafty people, so let's hear what you're working on.

I do.

Husband built a greenhouse a while ago and I'm working on painting it now. We're also working on making some planters or a raised garden bed out of shipping pallets, but it's slow going.

I'd like to have my whole house designed with the cats in mind. It would be glorious, with carpeted tunnels running along the walls and an enclosed backyard area just for them with some plants and things for them to climb and stuff. Someday......  ^_^

moose likes this

I've got a hat lined up as my next knit project and I'm a little nervous about it.

It has a pretty basic design on it but I've only done stranded colourwork once before and it turned out okay but improvements could be made. It's also my first hat.

Can't wait to buy the yarn and give it a go!

Hats are easy! Just go round and round. I usually recommend a hat for a first knitting project for beginners--faster than a scarf and just as easy once you know basic decreases. My challenge with colorwork is keeping it from getting too tight.

We're getting sheep tomorrow! I'll have my own source of wool! Now I need to learn how to spin.

:D !!!

Sheep day is best day. What breed are you getting? How many?

Seriously I was just typing that about the alpacas you post thief.