kirembri

Arts and Crafts

I do crafts sometimes but I wish I did them more like I used to

Speaking of alpacas my cousin apparently has acquired a large amount of alpaca wool and is almost done saving up for a spinning wheel. I hear she intends to make a sweater. I wish i was as crafty and talented as my cousins!

My husband really wants to get an alpaca someday. I'm thrilled to be growing my own fiber, but I hope I can actually find the time to do all the projects I want to do with it.

Ocean, do we know you from the old board? I'm guessing not.

My husband really wants to get an alpaca someday. I'm thrilled to be growing my own fiber, but I hope I can actually find the time to do all the projects I want to do with it.

Ocean, do we know you from the old board? I'm guessing not.

Nah I only know like 3 people here. I'm Rose though, Hi.

yeeees 

cleez told me no one but her and ihggle would know me but i guess you're one of the people who goes over and bitches when the other place is down?

edit no wait i think i recognize your bandcamp maybe you post more than that 

yeeees 

cleez told me no one but her and ihggle would know me but i guess you're one of the people who goes over and bitches when the other place is down?

edit no wait i think i recognize your bandcamp maybe you post more than that 

Yeah I started posting more on MT when I realized AtEase was getting worse. Then this little board came along.

So, yeah, hi!

I've got a hat lined up as my next knit project and I'm a little nervous about it.

It has a pretty basic design on it but I've only done stranded colourwork once before and it turned out okay but improvements could be made. It's also my first hat.

Can't wait to buy the yarn and give it a go!

any updates? What kind of hat just like a striped beanie or something? With a pom pom perchance?

Will it look like this cozy?

14dbdfd4f9f814fa591a2db02b8492c6.jpg

Haha that's too cute! If only we had a kettle like that, I'd be making cozies up the wazoo.

I'm going yarn shopping this Tuesday, and I'll have to graph out the design sometime before then. The pattern is some ancient, unspecific thing that's only accessible thanks to the internet way back machine :( I wouldn't pick it for my first hat but my partner's father has latched onto it and loves it and wants it so I'm going to give it a try.

It's a South American chullo, so it has earflaps but he doesn't want a pom pom :(

lzy8kOm.jpg

Haha that's too cute! If only we had a kettle like that, I'd be making cozies up the wazoo.

I'm going yarn shopping this Tuesday, and I'll have to graph out the design sometime before then. The pattern is some ancient, unspecific thing that's only accessible thanks to the internet way back machine :( I wouldn't pick it for my first hat but my partner's father has latched onto it and loves it and wants it so I'm going to give it a try.

It's a South American chullo, so it has earflaps but he doesn't want a pom pom :(

lzy8kOm.jpg

was on sale, couldn't resist http://www.modcloth.com/shop/tabletop/cup-of-cozy-teapot -_-

nice pattern!

Yeah it looks really pretty and I can't blame him for wanting it, but like I said the pattern itself isn't very specific and as a relatively new knitter I like specific. Like, it doesn't say what size yarn to use, but it does say what size needles so I can work backwards from that. And it doesn't give a final measurement but I don't mind measuring his head and casting on a few times to see what's needed.

Adventures into the vague are important for learning, so I'm still excited about it! It doesn't have a grid for that design but it's simple enough, I reckon I can do it ^_^

Interesting huh well good luck in any case!

I've offered to patch my bf's favorite shorts with a huge hole I used to patch the inner thighs of my jeans back in high school so I figure this should be easier but I haven't really used a sewing machine in years gonna go use my mom's. Last thing I did was help my friend hem the lining of a dress she bought for her Halloween costume where the outer layer had shrunk so it didn't even need to look good and I made her do the pinning first.

His pockets are also coming apart maybe I'll put a few stitches in them

My husbands grandparents gave me a brand new sewing machine that they had sitting around last time we were at theirs, all because I said it might be interesting to have one. :|

No idea where to begin with it.

I've been obsessed with curtains. I want avocado green curtains in the living and dining room because I think they would brighten the place up. This old house is so plain and boring. It's like a museum. Sometimes I wonder if it stinks like an old person house and only I don't know it because I've grown used to it.

Hosting a lot of guests next week.

I can't sew, but assuming I can find the material, how hard would it be to create something? I know a gal who is always sewing. I could pay her maybe?

Another longstanding dream of mine is to turn a pair of Carhartts into a rocking, manly skirt. A short one, of course.

Sorry for the bump. Kinda brainstorming here.

Curtains are a good first sewing project. There are a probably a zillion tutorials online. But basically, you fold all the edges over twice to enclose the raw edge, iron that nice and straight, and sew it in place. The side hems are narrow (1/2 inchish) and the bottom is bigger (2 inches). Then fold over the top edge to make a casing, iron, sew, and you're done!

Saw a woman knitting something so badass at the car place the other day that I had to ask what it was called she said the pattern was "leftie" and she got it on ravelry. I think her colors were even better than this but look how lovely:

full_9774_62826_Leftie_3.jpg

Wow that is awfully pretty and it definitely looks like a fun knit.

I have a hard time bringing myself to do fun stuff because I worry a lot about whether or not I'd actually wear/use it, but as a cute little neck scarf that one is beautiful!

I just bought some cotton/bamboo yarn that I can't decide what to do with. I also bought some white fabric so I can try my hand at shibori dying. I'm really looking forward to getting started with that. And I bought a weaving loom a few weeks ago too! So much crafting in my future! 

ocean likes this

I think I'm going to make one of these for my classroom. I already have a gutted iMac. I just need a panel for the front and a light. I was going to make it into an aquarium or something, but that's too much work.

imac-g3-lamp-choice-of-colours-%5B3%5D-1