kirembri

Arts and Crafts

I love needle felting. A few years ago I made a bunch of easter eggs that were my favorite felting craft so far. It's so satisfying to make lovely things with nice quality materials and it doesn't take very long or require much skill to get started.

Oooh yeah easter eggs sounds good! And yeah I ran across that video doing some basic search for cat related crafts and it spoke to me cuz I was like wow I could actually make really cool things for prople in just a couple of days with not much of a learning curve. Easier than sewing stuffed animals or knitting or crocheting them like my mom does lol.

I know what I'm looking for next time I'm at Goodwill. I already have a stash of sweaters for making into other things, but they are all shrunken wool, and none of them are big or funky enough.

that looks awesome! I have a few spare blocks of linoleum that I bought a few years ago and I've been meaning to give block printing another shot, I haven't really come up with anything I'd want to make a cut of though.

anyone have a good recommendation for where to get good quality paper for screen printing on? I'm getting artwork ready for an upcoming tape and it's gonna be screen printed but on a regular insert instead of cardstock cases, I'd like to use good quality/heavy stock paper or maybe even some gimmicky texture shit but it's a market I don't really know much about

thanks! I love the quality of the marks that you can get from wood and linoleum cuts. It's always a little unexpected. 

I haven't made a lot of screen prints, but I once ordered some 100 cover from French Paper Co and was very pleased with the quality.

Here's a linoleum cut I made early this year. This is actually an older photo. I cleaned it up a bit more recently, but not by much.

eclipse_Shaun1.jpg

ocean, eeeezypeezy, psycho and 1 other like this

thanks! I love the quality of the marks that you can get from wood and linoleum cuts. It's always a little unexpected. 

I haven't made a lot of screen prints, but I once ordered some 100 cover from French Paper Co and was very pleased with the quality.

Here's a linoleum cut I made early this year. This is actually an older photo. I cleaned it up a bit more recently, but not by much.

eclipse_Shaun1.jpg

I'd buy that. 

yeah damn that print is awesome as hell. thanks for the tip, this french paper co looks pretty solid, I'm guessing my friend who's doing the printing will have access to something close enough but I need to learn more about this shit for myself anyhow. would love to start screen printing on my own but this guy teaches at a co-op in providence and has access to all the gear there so it's just like, why not ease my own workload a bit and support a friend's work in the process, especially if he knows what he's doing and has the equipment to make it look as good as possible :shrug: seems like a good skill to have though, and I'm sure understanding more about how it works would make it easier to design things for print.

currently waiting on the screen printed inserts for a new tape to arrive, and in the meantime I'm working on putting together a cropped version for bandcamp since the way things are laid out on the tape cover won't really make that easy.

YfzFdpK.jpg

that's what I've got so far, I'm happy with the way the image and text look but the background feels a bit dead. I was thinking about just scanning a blank sheet of construction paper and using that as the background layer to add a little texture to it, anyone have any tips/tricks for that sort of thing or does that sound like my best bet?

currently waiting on the screen printed inserts for a new tape to arrive, and in the meantime I'm working on putting together a cropped version for bandcamp since the way things are laid out on the tape cover won't really make that easy.

YfzFdpK.jpg

that's what I've got so far, I'm happy with the way the image and text look but the background feels a bit dead. I was thinking about just scanning a blank sheet of construction paper and using that as the background layer to add a little texture to it, anyone have any tips/tricks for that sort of thing or does that sound like my best bet?

is this Moscow subway?

ocean likes this