Darren Lamb

Food that shouldn't exist

1 hour ago, c.i. said:

👍

On 4/3/2017 at 9:42 PM, ocean said:
The neural network has weird ideas about what humans like to eat

So I’ve been training this neural network to generate cookbook recipes by letting it look at tens of thousands of existing recipes.

The generated titles can get a bit odd.

There’s a creativity variable I can set when the network is generating new recipes, and when I set it low, it comes up with its best guess at the most quintessential recipe titles:

Cream Cheese Soup
Cream Of Sour Cream Cheese Soup
Chocolate Cake (Chocolate Cake)
Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate Cake
Chocolate Chicken Chicken Cake
Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate Cake
Chocolate Chips
Chocolate Chips With Chocolate Chips

When I tell it to get creative, things get even weirder.

Beef Soup With Swamp Peef And Cheese
Chocolate Chops & Chocolate Chips
Crimm Grunk Garlic Cleas
Beasy Mist
Export Bean Spoons In Pie-Shell, Top If Spoon and Whip The Mustard
Chocolate Pickle Sauce
Whole Chicken Cookies
Salmon Beef Style Chicken Bottom
Star *
Cover Meats
Out Of Meat
Completely Meat Circle
Completely Meat Chocolate Pie
Cabbage Pot Cookies
Artichoke Gelatin Dogs
Crockpot Cold Water

Bake until juice. Brush from the potato sauce: Lightly butter into the viscin. Cook combine water. Source: 0 25 seconds; transfer a madiun in orenge cinnamon with electres if the based, make drained off tala whili; or chicken to well. Sprinkle over skin greased with a boiling bowl. Toast the bread spritkries.
Yield: 6 servings

On 4/4/2017 at 9:39 AM, >:{ said:

neural networks are fucked up

On 4/4/2017 at 10:14 AM, eeeezypeezy said:

Beasy Mist, just like grandmother used to turning and boil on high

There is a new Indian place opening up soon around here that is going to be "fast casual". It's owned by some people who own one of the better actual Indian places around too. Naan tacos, tikka masala rolls and all that kind of shit. A naan taco sounds amazing.

2 hours ago, wahdiohead said:

im afraid i cant get down with any meat that can be described as a loaf

i enjoy meatloaf in a lot of cases :hecks: 

3 hours ago, eeeezypeezy said:

I have a confession to make...

I like pimento loaf.

Which is just bologna with olives and shit in it.

Pimiento loaf, also commonly spelled pimento loaf, also called pickle and pimiento loaf or P&P loaf, is a loaf-type luncheon meat containing finely chopped beef and pork, as well as chopped pickles and pimientos. After being formed into a loaf and cooked, the loaf is kept whole so it can be sliced and served cold as deli meat. Pimento loaf is closely related to olive loaf (the primary difference being pimentos and pickles replacing pimento-stuffed olives) and spiced luncheon loaf. It is distantly related to ham and cheese loaf.

Unlike bologna and salami, which are sausages, pimento loaf is baked like a meatloaf in a loaf pan. Inexpensive pimento loaf is made with chicken and other ingredients common to inexpensive bologna. Also, less expensive pimento loaves are baked in sleeves instead of pans to give the cold cuts a round appearance, leading to the misconception that pimento loaf is related to bologna. Since pickles are typically less expensive than olives, pimento loaf is far more common as an inexpensive deli meat.

2 hours ago, eeeezypeezy said:

My biggest complaint about it is that they never change the setting on the slicer at the deli counter so they cut it way too thin and all the stuff falls out of it when you go to make a sandwich.

man, whenever i go to a deli counter they usually give me a sample slice of something and ask if the thickness is ok

4 hours ago, Parrot said:

There is a new Indian place opening up soon around here that is going to be "fast casual". It's owned by some people who own one of the better actual Indian places around too. Naan tacos, tikka masala rolls and all that kind of shit. A naan taco sounds amazing.

where????????????????????????????????? I really want this?????????????????????????

ocean likes this

1 hour ago, eeeezypeezy said:

Think this had a lot to do with quiche's good name being smeared:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Men_Don't_Eat_Quiche

That's honestly the first thing that comes to mind when I hear or see the word "quiche," probably because hearing about that book in the news was my introduction to the word. 

But yeah, quiche is really good.