Darren Lamb

Food that shouldn't exist

9 hours ago, ϟHAKEϟ said:

also how are you gonna talk about hell lettuce without mentioning reheated taco bell. becomes a watery mess it does. at least when its "fresh" it has the crunch. once thats gone its a dire situation

well I think you're the only one dumb enough to reheat taco bell, so...

moose and ocean like this

I think I've mentioned before that while I do occasionally reheat a Taco Bell item it is NEVER one with fucking lettuce. more like if I order one item too many ill stick a chicken burrito or a cheesy bean and rice burrito in the toaster oven the next day or like I don't get quesaritos anymore but my bf does and he had one reheated the same way the other day. the only items I get that come with lettuce in them also involve crunchy shells in some capacity and those are already something I eat asap cuz who wants that shit if it ain't crunchy 

This?

View PostDavid Cameroon, on 27 February 2011 - 11:56 AM, said:

My friends woke me up in some house in Rutherglen, my nose started bleeding for some reason, I could hear my other friend shagging said girl, who had pics of Marilyn Monroe in her bathroom and IIRC was a big fatty hordak. I was feeling mischievous so I stole her Branston Pickle. Going to have it with cheese on toast later.

Mischief managed.

psycho likes this

5 hours ago, Heart Space said:

This?

View PostDavid Cameroon, on 27 February 2011 - 11:56 AM, said:

My friends woke me up in some house in Rutherglen, my nose started bleeding for some reason, I could hear my other friend shagging said girl, who had pics of Marilyn Monroe in her bathroom and IIRC was a big fatty hordak. I was feeling mischievous so I stole her Branston Pickle. Going to have it with cheese on toast later.

Mischief managed.

The ultimate troll.

On 9/11/2016 at 10:41 AM, shakes said:

burger king fries though, give me

also how are you gonna talk about hell lettuce without mentioning reheated taco bell. becomes a watery mess it does. at least when its "fresh" it has the crunch. once thats gone its a dire situation

1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained.

1 pkg. ( 3.4 oz.) JELL-O Pistachio Flavor Instant Pudding.

1 cup JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows.

1/2 cup chopped PLANTERS Pecans.

1-1/2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping. Cool Whip Whipped Topping Lite. $1.99 thru 12/13.

Combine first 4 ingredients in large bowl.

Stir in COOL WHIP.

Refrigerate 1 hour.

:lol:

Delicious.

psycho, Heart Space, Scorps and 1 other like this

Since someone here pointed it out (@ocean?) I keep noticing in the comments on recipe sites how Americans ALWAYS have to modify recipes (just like they always do when ordering in restaurants!). E.g. on that 'salad' one:

• doubled the recipe and at the end added a little milk for a bit more creaminess.
  • Used a little less juice from the pineapple
  • I realized I didn't have any pistachio pudding so I made it with vanilla instead and it was just as good!
  • My family likes it light on the pineapple and juice, and big on marshmallows. Makes it more fluffy.
  • I omit the nuts.
  • I usually make this salad without the pecans,because I think it makes the salad taste better.
  • I make a version with orange jello, small curd cottage cheese, drained crushed pineapple, drained mandarian oranges, and cool whip.
  • I even doubled the recipie (but left out the pecans).
  • First, we use pineapple tidbits instead of the crushed pineapple. And, we use the colored marshmallows instead of the plain white.
  • I had never heard of using pecans so I omit them.
  • We made the salad a little more kid friendly by omitting the nuts and adding a jar of sliced maraschino cherries and two small cans of mandarin oranges
  • I always add a couple drops green food coloring for more color!
  • I also add marachino cherries halved and dropped in last. and pecan or mwalnot pieces ddropped in last.
  • I altered it slightly, by using fat free cool whip, REAL pineapple
  • Also, for added color during the holidays, we add some marachino cherries on top.
  • I would suggest using real whipped cream instead of cool whip, it's much more authentic and tasty!
  • Adding almond slivers to it instead of pecans or walnuts gives it a different taste. Also, I tried marichino cherries and coconut to it for a tropical twist of a taste too!
  • I reread the box recipe and realized where it said add nuts I miss read and thought it said coconut. So all these years been adding coconut.
  • I tweeked the recipe a little. I used the whole tub of Cool-Whip and used 2-8 oz cans undrained crushed pineapple instead of 1-20 oz can. I also added a couple handfuls shredded coconut and a can of DRAINED mandarin orange slices to make it extra tropical.
  • my mom is diabetic so I use sugar free pistachio pudding, pineapple in it's own juice and light cool whip
  • I've also made it with instant banana pudding instead of pistachio and substituted sliced bananas (mixing in right before serving) for the pecans.
  • Sometimes I put in a sweet apple cut up into little squares.

That's in just TWO PAGES... out of 40+ pages of comments!

Even if it's only a very tiny modification to a recipe, they're compelled to do at least SOMETHING. "Well I know it said add a pinch of salt, but I added 3/4 of a pinch."

What an odd little species.

c.i., dunderhead, ocean and 1 other like this