Sign in to follow this  
psycho

Better Call Saul

I should be more excited than I am because Vince Gilligan's earned my trust through one of the greatest final seasons of a show I can think of, but I have a feeling this will be a letdown. Entertaining, but not anything too special. Saul was great as a supplemental character, but I'm not sure how it'll work with him as the lead. Hope I'm proved wrong.

how do you figure that one, dude?

i honestly don't know why this won't at least be decent. Vince has earned my trust as well. I'm sure he'll put a lot of attention & care into this one as he possibly can. He should continue the color theory through Saul's character but even if he doesn't do shit like that I don't see why that should spoil my enjoyment of this series. We got a sleazy defense attorney + skeletons in his closet of dirty clients + 30 cell phones to different henchmen, yada yada yada + bob odenkirk uncorked as the Ari Gold of lawyers. 

This should be good T.V.

Is Gilligan working on anything else? 

Breaking Bad was such a ride, I was happy and satisfied with how it ended and when it ended. Absolutely no need to jump back into that universe any time soon.  Prequels are dumb.

I mean, why give him the benefit of the doubt when his first move is to do something dumb? No interest in this show. Odenkirk only worked on Breaking Bad in small doses. He was essentially comic relief. Thinking about viewing that whole universe through his lense is a bit worrisome. No interest in this show.

Yeah, I think it's supposed to be regarding the "transformation" into Saul Goodman from.... well, I can't remember his real name off the top of my head. But supposedly it's about that, though there may be random BB characters thrown into it along the way.