Sign in to follow this  
psycho

Better Call Saul

it probably will be very good. 

but it's going to take people seeing that in action before anyone gives a damn, I think, and I include myself in that.

but I can't wait for all the another male antihero thinkpieces that will flood everything once this actually starts

I feel like there won't be any real tension with Better Call Saul in terms of the story arcs for Saul and Mike because of what we know in Breaking Bad.

Even if this does recount his fall from legit law to criminal law to criminal law, it's still a pretty silly story compared to the epic arc of Walter White.

I've read that this will be more drama than comedy, which is a shame, because with the right writers they could end up with a fun show that is more internally self-contained than most major television dramas.

Glad to have something to look forward to after football ends.

You figure even during the time period concurrent with Breaking Bad, Goodman must have had other irons in the fire.

I'm looking forward to this show, with only token skepticism.  My only big concern is this show stepping on the Breaking Bad continuity.

Yeah, I'm not sure about the sequel aspect based on the few previews I've caught on YouTube.

But apparently time-jumping will be a big part of this

I suppose I'd like to imagine a story arc where he's in Omaha, the middle of America, working at Chick-Fil-A before worming his way into some knuckle-head scheme.

All with stories from his past attorney life giving him insight to his current fiasco. Or something.

I dunno.

I'm probably more interested because I only just finished Breaking Bad.

Everything I'd seen/read/heard about it said its all about Jimmy McGill becoming Saul Goodman (for whatever reason) and all the misadventures along the way as he goes to the sleazy side. I guess I speak too confidently about it given I've not seen any of it yet, but all the evidence I've encountered suggests its all pre-Walter White.

yeah that extended trailer has me more excited than anything else I've seen. 

so what are we to make of mike here. because I thought it was understood that he was perpetually undercover muscle (which he may well be here, just manning the parking booth as cover). also I'm not gonna watch it again but it looked as though he might be the one responsible for where we see saul tied up in the desert, so maybe he's working for this big law firm in a shady capacity.

we'll see!!!

I'd sure like to watch that trailer but you know, Australians don't deserve teh utubes

Edit: Okay dug it up, what a shitty trailer. Wouldn't mind watching the show anyway!

moose likes this

the review is spoilery in terms of describing the opening scene

don't care about it personally but i figured i'd warn anybody who wants to read it

it certainly helped in making me more excited for this show though

The only thing that struck me as off with the first season of Breaking Bad was there was a bit more slapstick. Hank especially.

But all the things that made it great were right there all along.

That said, I can see how a full season of Saul could top the first season of Breaking Bad. It was a good show, that first season, but it certainly wasn't yet The Greatest Drama In History yet.

Hyperbole all mine. And I stand by its use.

the first season probably would've been a little better if it didn't have to be cut off b/c of the writer's strike (if i'm remembering the reason for its short length correctly)

still very good, love the first episode, opening and closing scenes in particular