Sign in to follow this  
psycho

Better Call Saul

This was enjoyable, though certainly not as immediately gripping as the first few episodes of Breaking Bad. I'm in for the long-haul.

I'd be really curious to see reactions from people that never watched Breaking Bad. I'd imagine tons of it would be really confusing.

This was enjoyable, though certainly not as immediately gripping as the first few episodes of Breaking Bad. I'm in for the long-haul.

I'd be really curious to see reactions from people that never watched Breaking Bad. I'd imagine tons of it would be really confusing.

I dunno about that. They might not understand the immediate draw that previous BB viewers have to it, but outside of that there is really just a confusing intro where a Cinnabon manager goes home and watches a video, and some odd obsession with this "troll under a bridge" character.

The storyline itself has sorta played itself out like any other show would. He's a lawyer under duress and got himself into trouble. Etc...

yeah it's accessible to newcomers although i don't know what the point would be

like why watch a spinoff of one of the best shows ever w/o seeing the original show

I told you!

I did this with Caprica and did NOT regret it!

imagine watching Frasier having never seen cheers!

I liked s1 of "Breaking Bad", but managed to see it via marathon after my car accident (bed-ridden for two days in a hotel room) so I'm sure that helped. It might have not struck me as much if I had to wait every week for a new ep.

Given that history, I look forward to "Better Call Saul" every week cuz I know the writing behind it is gonna be stellar. And it has yet to disappoint. I think ep3 was the best one so far. Very much looking forward to the next ep and the rest of the season/series...

Yeah, I'm not sure about the sequel aspect based on the few previews I've caught on YouTube.

But apparently time-jumping will be a big part of this

I suppose I'd like to imagine a story arc where he's in Omaha, the middle of America, working at Chick-Fil-A before worming his way into some knuckle-head scheme.

All with stories from his past attorney life giving him insight to his current fiasco. Or something.

I dunno.

I'm probably more interested because I only just finished Breaking Bad.

It's a prequel, brah. Pre-Breaking Bad.

Only one episode in, but while I was wrong about Chik-Fil-A, his being a Cinnabon for the cold open was close enough.

Think you owe Lukin and I an apology.

this was maybe my least favorite of the bunch so far but it was still very good.

the cold open in cicero was lovely and I do wonder how many people got :bey: 'd by the "s'all good, man!" reveal.

lady kettleman is a fox.  :>

I don't know how down I am with continually returning to the Anti Electro McGill-as-conscience device. I think there is potential for some good stuff with that character but basically with him just playing wacky surrogate dad figure right now, just feels a little rote. 

the interplay between jimmy and the woman from the big firm who joined him for a foot bath (god damn I am terrible with character names) is great, so I hope that gets more fleshed out in the future.

all in all though, great show so far.