Sign in to follow this  
Art Vandelay

Business is very food: PTA Megathread

people are already complaining that it seems too similar to big lebowski, which, w/e, that makes it all the better to me tbh

reading the book right now actually, very good/funny so far, curious as to how pta will portray some of the events or what he'll keep or cut

Art Vandelay likes this

people are already complaining that it seems too similar to big lebowski, which, w/e, that makes it all the better to me tbh

reading the book right now actually, very good/funny so far, curious as to how pta will portray some of the events or what he'll keep or cut

I mean, people are stupid. I just read the book too and it's really nothing like it.

I mean, people are stupid. I just read the book too and it's really nothing like it.

I read the book back when it came out, and I think it is a stretch to say that it is 'nothing like it' there are obviously some similarities. It isn't just aping it though.

Art Vandelay likes this

goddamn this looks so good

it really really does

I'm so stoked PTA is doing something FUN.

Seems like certain plot elements fit right alongside Hard Eight and parts of Boogie Nights, which were the two films that brought me to the dance. Add to that another huge ensemble cast and yeah, I'm counting the days basically.

Art Vandelay likes this

I read the book back when it came out, and I think it is a stretch to say that it is 'nothing like it' there are obviously some similarities. It isn't just aping it though.

Well, fair enough, "nothing like" is going a bit far, but it's reaching to say it's that not worth watching because it's too similar.

Art Vandelay likes this

Not official but here are the songs that can be heard in Inherent Vice

1. "Dreamin' On A Cloud" by The Tornadoes

2. "Rhythm of the Rain" by The Cascades

3. "Vitamin C" by CAN

4. "Soup" by CAN

5. "Simba" by Les Baxter

6. "Spooks" by Radiohead  Supergrass

7. "Burning Bridges" by Jack Scott

8. "The Throwaway Age" by Bob Irwin

9. "Gilligan's Island Theme" by Sherwood Schwartz and George Wyle

10. "Harvest" by Neil Young

11. "Here Comes the Ho-Dads" by The Markettts

12. "Electricity" by Cliff Adams

13. "Never My Love" by The Association

14. "Les Fleur" by Minnie Riperton

15. "Journey Through the Past" by Neil Young

16. "Sukiyaki" by KYU Sakamoto

17. "Adam-12 (Themes and Cues") by Frank Comstock

18. "(What A) Wonderful World" by Sam Cooke

19. "Amethyst" by Jonny Greenwood

20. "Any Day Now" by Chuck Jackson

lol

UPDATE: It appears the Radiohead section has since been edited out of the podracing by the folks over at For Crying Out Loud. This doesn't strike us as terribly surprising given that Taylor openly speculated several times in the episode that she may have been in violation of a non-disclosure agreement by relaying the story. By the same token, the omission only further validates the probability that the video is real and forthcoming. Stay tuned, folks.

e: how the fuck did that autocorrect get introduced just from copy-paste????

flavor likes this

On 6/24/2014 at 11:19 AM, ocean said:

I've only seen the master T_T

by now i've seen em all except for hard eight and boogie nights!

just watched punch-drunk love tonight and really enjoyed finally getting this thread title :') 

On 6/26/2014 at 8:44 PM, eeeezypeezy said:

I find it sort of odd and interesting that he and Maya Rudolph are married.

haha and this occurred to me yet again... every time i read his wikipedia i remember and am like :think: