Sign in to follow this  
Art Vandelay

Business is very food: PTA Megathread

18 minutes ago, Salem said:

“I just always hope that God is a movie fan and also forgiving, because I’ve made some poor choices in my past,” Wahlberg said. “‘Boogie Nights’ is up there at the top of the list.”

:lol: this absolute dumbass.

:spongebob: 

magnets☮ likes this

When he was all

"I’m just going to accept my loneliness and I’m going to go into an even darker place of nothingness from an even farther, more extreme nothingness… On my own"

It really spoke to me.

3 hours ago, dark hellish swamp beast said:

this one looks like wank

are you some kind of Pynchon-obsessed hanger-on? 

why is it so hard for you to admit to yourself that you don't like this guy's movies and you haven't even seen most of them?!

Yeah I'm sure this will be a good film from a technical standpoint but I have to admit the trailer makes me expect a slow paced film with an uninspiring plot. Doesn't even look up to his standards visually.

Could be perfect for academy voters :) 

i've done a 180 on expectations for this movie after seeing some positive reviews and now i'm very excited. seems like his most critically acclaimed since twbb, fwiw.

rewatched punch drunk love a few days ago. didn't hit me as hard emotionally now that i knew what was coming, but still very good. that was probably the last time he made a movie that resembled anything close to a straightforward narrative or character arc, like all of the plots converge as a way to develop the main character emotionally. get the feeling that phantom thread might be closer to that than just a study of mania or sth...

ocean likes this