Sign in to follow this  
Moon

Thread for Shitty Thinkpieces

It is now commonplace to hear young people my age unironically refer to their pooches and kitties (I’m horrified to even write this) as “children,” “fur-babies,” “kids,” “girls,” “boys,” or “sons and daughters.” Likewise, it’s not at all unusual to hear pet-owners refer to themselves as “pooch parents,” or “mommies and daddies.”

like this is p. :rolleyes: sure, but holy fuck that piece made my eyes bleed

ocean likes this

ok aside from all that nonsense, dogs are slaves and it is a little unsettling to go through the exhaustion (and fun, love etc.) of raising a kid only to have some absolute Marnie post pictures of their "child" and post progress reports of puppy "school"

I have dogs and love them but to say that those emotions are as complex and even compatible in any way to parenting is laughable and someone needs to speak up against it

clearly not that man tho

16 hours ago, Precocious Child DJ Chloe said:

Young Americans are less likely than their parents to own a car or a home, and half as likely to be married as Americans were 50 years ago. But we have a handy lead over the baby-boomers in one area: pet ownership. 

I wonder if all these things might possibly be related :think:

ocean likes this

My absolute most hated thing is the whole "well of course this person who said/did this racist thing isn't racist but..." that everyone has to say nowadays.

You can't even call a racist a racist any more for fear of offending the bloody snowflakes. It's political correctness gone mad!

Moon, eeeezypeezy and Salem like this

8 minutes ago, Attractive Strip Club Patr said:

The worst kind of cuck shite.

Completely uninsightful cuck shite.

"We must understand why people are voting for Trump/May"

Yes??

Why's that then??

"I don't know. But we must understand it!"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/megyn-kelly-alex-jones_us_594411dee4b01eab7a2d5de5?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

here's a terrible take

“Right now any time anybody doesn’t like anything, they go to the advertisers and that’s ridiculous,” Angelo Carusone of Media Matters tells HuffPost.

"protesting the only way that actually achieves results in this shitty country is Bad and Wrong" :think:

eeeezypeezy and deadlizard like this

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/jeremy-corbyn-absolute-boy-meme-sexism-womens-rights-labour-party-a7818431.html#commentsDiv

Calling Jeremy Corbyn the ‘absolute boy’ isn't funny, it's a reminder of how little he understands women's issues

The meme is supposed to be ironic, but Corbyn has proven over and over again that he might be more of a 'lad' than his supporters are willing to admit